Feeding

I feed mine silver sides & or squid twice a week & mysis shrimp on the other days. I also keep a bunch of n. snails in her tank that get into the sand. So she can eat whenever she want.

what type of squid do you use and where do you get the silversides? just at the LFS or like a fish market?

I get both at my LFS . The squid brand is SAN Francisco Bay & the silver sides is what ever they have. Libby also likes Krill but not near as much as the other two.

I don't mean to sound snarky, but this thread is fairly pointless without naming the type and size of mantis' you guys have. ;)

I feed my 2" smithii at most a piece of krill every other day (usually I forget for several days at a time). I feed the Three-Stripe Damsel that's in there every few days (a mix of bloodworms, mysis, brine, and cyclopeeze), so there's usually something for it to eat. Also, I try to keep a snail or two in the tank to work on the algae, and sometimes hermit crabs too. Replacing the snails is cheap enough not to be an issue.

Libby is a peacock & is at least 4 inches. I have 3 damsels in with her & so far she has left these alone. She ate the other 2 I put in with her.

Here is a picture of her.

50587100_9547.JPG

Back