Fighting or just establishing dominance?

Bought a pair of clownfish last saturday. They came from 2 different tanks in the shop; the one being bullied was the nondominant one in the tank and the bullier was in a tank with 4 other clowns, so up for debate which one was the dominant. Store told me they would be fine aggression wise after me asking them.
Anyways, they have been displaying some bullying behaviour, just a little, but this morning i noticed it was worse than normal before lights on.

Attached a clip for my question, are they establishing which one is the dominant one or do i need to worry?

Video Here (the real action starts at around 25 secs)

Please let me know if you can reach the Youtube page as Im not really tech savvy.

*UPDATE
The bully has now resorted to chasing the other fish all over the tank

Last edited:
Clowns can be fairly aggressive, but that does seem to be excessive (at least compared to my clowns). I would just carefully watch the clown and make sure there’s no excessive fin nipping or stressing of the other fish

hmm well the bullied one is still eating when she can (be it less). The weird thing is, is that its not a fight. The bully is just bullying and the othr fish is taking it and being submissive. Why wont the other one stop? Is it to make REALLY CLEAR hes gonna be the missus?

Back