Finnex

babybull

Time to vent. Bought a Finnex 800w heater and controller last Sept. It quit working. Finnex says send it back and we will see what is wrong and fix it or replace it. They only offer 6 month warranty which I barely qualify for . Anyway, I had to box it up and pay shipping to them out of my pocket. Cost $14 to UPS and a tube to ship it in for $4. BRS offers a 3 yr. warranty on their heaters. That is where I will order my next one. Thanks for reading.

Their product reliability seems to have gone downhill:( I had one fail just recently that was only two years old. I'll be replacing with Ranco.

Time to vent. Bought a Finnex 800w heater and controller last Sept. It quit working. Finnex says send it back and we will see what is wrong and fix it or replace it. They only offer 6 month warranty which I barely qualify for . Anyway, I had to box it up and pay shipping to them out of my pocket. Cost $14 to UPS and a tube to ship it in for $4. BRS offers a 3 yr. warranty on their heaters. That is where I will order my next one. Thanks for reading.

I have had several of these go out. The last time I called them it was because one that I had used fine for six months and then I moved, I put it in storage. When I set up my tank again, it didn't work. I called them and they said/// "You can't leave them out of the water after you have used them."

NO, really, that's what they said. Are you kidding me?

That was the last time I bought a heater from them. Quality has gone down and customer service is a joke.

Update: After 5 days at the USPS in the Chicago area my heater was delivered today. Would have been nice if the Finnex people would have taped the end of the tube so the heater would not have fallen out. So they delivered an empty tube. Now have to wait for them to file a claim with USPS to pay for their incompetence before they will sent another one.

keep crawling back :lmao::lmao:

but seriously you had such bad luck! If i didnt have a second controller i wouldnt trust them one bit.

I bought the BRS 600W and controller. Heater has a 3 yr. warranty, controller has a 1 yr. The controller can be re calibrated and can be adjusted +/- 0.1* Shows set temp and real temp. Like it much more than the Finnex. Finnex will now be my spare heater.

Back