First One

A couple shots of my Thundercloud Plum trees blossoms. They'll probably be gone tomorrow after the storms roll through.

DSC_6513.jpg

DSC_6511.jpg

Yes, it's starting to, but there is still a couple feet in some areas and no green grass yet and certainly nothing anywhere close to being flowery. It will be another month until we see any kind of flower at all.

Hey Recty!!!! Rainin pretty hard here today, but I had to get somrthing. Forget me not!!!!!

DSC_6623.jpg

Very nice :) I wish I had flowers to photograph.

Of course, my brother is taking back his macro lens I've been borrowing so I wont even have the macro to use once the flowers start coming out. Arg!

Couple things. First use during a time of day when it's really cloudy or even in a dimmly lit room. ISO on 100. Then I take it to about f8-f11. Try not to have anything close behind the subject. Use the flash. Shutter about 1/60 or a bit faster. Get the camera somewhat close to the subject, but make sure the flash doesn't get blocked. Take the shot metering on the subject. What happens is the flash only has time to reflect the subject. By the time any other light comes back to the sensor, the shutter is closed.

Back