First Timer with some ideas

Yeah I was hoping to and that was what I was planning to do, However as the day got later I knew It was either there or underwater paradise since I was in Saramento not roseville and it was going to take a while to get to your reef and I would've missed Underwater Paradise. I'll have to check it out next time!

Here's my new frags!

DSCN1364.jpg

<BR>
DSCN1363.jpg

<br>
DSCN1362.jpg

<br>

I should've turned off the pump before taking a picture of the frospawn but I just love watching it sway lightly with the water.

I also added a nice little power strip with individual shut off switches for each thing. I labeled each switch as well. So much for fumbling around looking for the right cords. It will be mounted in the stand when I get it.

DSCN1367.jpg

Labeling things will help out immensley if you ever need to help someone over the phone to troubleshoot or remedy your setup. Hope that never happens but it's always better to K.I.S.S. :D

Looking good!

Haha yeah and more for myself :D

I've tried doing water changes on half a nights sleep and it's not fun trying to figure out which cords are for which tanks and what heaters, lights, pumps, filters... I should buy a few for my freshwater tanks as well.

$29.99 at Guitar Center!

Thanks for the compliments as well. I'm working on getting a new camera here sometime soon, the old 4megapixel doesn't take great macro shots.

Well Update!!! I had been feeding the Hammer and trying to feed the Zoa's and decided since I had good number and my Nitrates were showing up (5) I would add my first couple fish so I bought a pair of what were labeled Oscellaris Clowns although I think they may be True Perc's, I don't know enough about clowns to say, but it doesn't matter either way.

They are both so cute and one is a little bit bigger than the other and is showing some dominance leading me to believe it may become the female... Who knows at this point.

They've shown a little interest in the frogspawn and I've seen them brush up against it from time to time but they haven't shown signs of hosting it yet, which is fine.

Pictures to follow sometime soon!

Yeah I think it's the opposite way with the percs having the more black coloration... Either way from Saltwaterfish.com they look just like the aquacultured false percula... or Oscellaris..

Hey guys.... I just wanted to add that I got a new frag today from a fellow reefer shutting down his tank due to him moving back home... I got a pretty good sized frag of some purple with bright green centered zoa's. He had really big sized piece on a piece of live rock but it was just too big for my tank so I went with a smaller frag he had available of the same thing... He was selling all of his stuff and you can see his ad on craigslist. He had mentioned that someone is coming from Redding tomorrow to get all his live rock and sand..

He also threw in an emerald crab and I put him in the fuge with the macro as I'm not totally sure of them. I've heard great things about them but also horror stories too so I'll hold out until I hear a good answer on them.

I'll probably need to frag off some of these new zoas soon so let me know if you're interested in some purple zoas with bright green centers. I will post pics tomorrow along with some of the fish as well.

Replied...

By saying they're purple may be a bit of an exageration, they looked a little more perfect under the PC's the guy had, under my halide they look more maroon, still very good looking zoa's though, their are a few random polyps of another color morph, very nice as well just not the same.

Here are some pictures I could get... Once again my pictures leave a lot to be desired as my 4 year old 4 megapixel doesn't quite cut it. I'll try to get my girlfriends 7 megapixel to use one of these days, hopefully she'll let me use it (I did buy it for her :) ) I couldn't get any good pictures of the clowns, they will just not sit still :D

I don't think I mentioned I added a cleaner shrimp a few days ago as well. He's a great little guy and I've let him clean my hand a couple times :D

So here they are...
Friendly little cleaner,
DSCN1381.jpg

<br>
My lovely frogspawn, It's already splitting from 2 heads to three now. I feed it mysis and cyclopeeze
DSCN1378.jpg

<br>

And a horrible representation of these zoa's... They look better in person... The bigger polyp is one that is unlike the other, very nice but just different... the others are what most of the frag is of.
DSCN1374.jpg

A little bit better picture of the new zoa piece.

Light had only been on for about 15 minutes so not all the polyps are open.

DSCN1384.jpg

So to bring up my dying thread again... Since then I've added a peppermint shrimp as well as a yellow clown goby!

I also have added a small Nepthea frag from Chris, a zoa frag from the raffle and a Leather frag from NorCalReef (I think that's his name) in red bluff... They're all doing well and I have no algae issues to speak of! Thank God!

Very Cool! thanks for the thread update. Hope the Nephthea attaches well for you. boviac@yahoo.com if you have any questions about it. Oh yeah, you didn't win that at the raffle but that was the trade we made, right?

:D

Back