Fish attacking new corals and anemone

Spragro50

So I have a sailfin tang and a copper banded butterfly that attack every coral I try to add - knocking corals that I have even glued to the rocks down- also they berate every anemone until the anemone takes off to hide and is never seems again. What can anyone suggest.

So I have a sailfin tang and a copper banded butterfly that attack every coral I try to add - knocking corals that I have even glued to the rocks down- also they berate every anemone until the anemone takes off to hide and is never seems again. What can anyone suggest.

Can you describe your tank and its inhabitants?

Sure yellow tang sailfin tang copperbanded butterfly basslet brown tang and assorted chromis one rock with green button polyps and assorted inverts. 180 gallon tank with 150 lbs of love rock and a 60 gallon sump. All parameters are in range.

Have those fish been in there a long time? How about those corals? Any changes to the rock arrangement recently?

I have heard of this before, but don’t know how any solved it. I would guess it might be a territory thing? Maybe redoing some of the rock work may help?

Back