Fish died

moriba

Hi need advice. All my fish died in my salt water tank like days after. Had two clowns, two blue striped golby , wrasse and a flame tail blenny.
All died like ine after the other. I changed the water had it tested it was fine. Bought two new clowns they died. Changed an had water tested again it was fine, bought engineer golby and two yellow tailed damsels all died
Could there be a parasite in the tank. Cause my two snails , two shrimp & starfish is still kicking strong. Can someone send some help my way. First time tank owner . and its getting costly.

Hi need advice. All my fish died in my salt water tank like days after. Had two clowns, two blue striped golby , wrasse and a flame tail blenny.
All died like ine after the other. I changed the water had it tested it was fine. Bought two new clowns they died. Changed an had water tested again it was fine, bought engineer golby and two yellow tailed damsels all died
Could there be a parasite in the tank. Cause my two snails , two shrimp & starfish is still kicking strong. Can someone send some help my way. First time tank owner . and its getting costly.
How about a whole bunch of details?

Tanks size? How long has it been running (is the tanks cycled and how did you do it)? What filtration?

Temperature? Salinity?

Were the fish drip acclimated before putting in the tank? Have you added any chemicals or otherwise dosing something?

How did they die? Slowly, gasping, twiching or other signs of distress? They're fine when you go to bed and then just dead when you wake up?

Tank size is 15gallon. And one of the damsels literally like crashed into the tank. So hard you could hear it. And the salinity was fine it was .025 guy at the store said it was all good positive signs tank was in good shape. The cycle was cycled and it has been up and running for close to 3 months. I did attach a video don't know if you got it or could see it

Things are not fine. Take a breath and stop adding any inhabitants for a few weeks (even a month or two- heck, just break it down and start from scratch); read up on everything this site has to offer. Buy several test kits - Alkalinity, Calcium, Magnesium for a start. Rely on nothing the "guy at the store" says again, especially if they're the same ones selling you everything you've purchased so far.

Cut yourself some slack; we've all pretty much been where you are. It gets better the slower you go.

Back