Fish list help

LSUJosh

I currently have a 6 foot long 115 gallon setup with a yellow tang and a naso tang, I was wondering if the following fishlist would be possible.

1 more tang (suggestions?)
2 black and white oscellaris clowns
2 mandarins
1 royal gramma
1 coral beauty
2 pair wrasses (suggestions?)

Any input on this?

Do you have a refugium and if so how big is it? If you don't, I wouldn't get both mandarins. I also wouldn't try to push it with another tang, I can see that going very badly. For a wrasse, I like the 6 and 8 line wrasses, but I wouldn't get both since they are so similar they'd probably fight (although your tank might be big enough that they wouldn't).

What happened to the PBT? I would get rid of the naso and get something thats not going to outgrow the tank so fast.

The PBT has been acting weird since the move, I am keeping it fed but it is beginning to hide more and more often. I am not too sure how much longer it will live. I have to make a trip this weekend to get a few more foods to see if I can get her eating something else, she was attacking seaweed just two days ago (the day after the move) but since yesterday she will not come out from the rocks unless the light is off.

Naso tangs are a group of tangs including naso literatus, naso vlamingi, etc. Reef Central recommends a 10 foot tank for this species so adding another tang is probably not a great idea.

I will have to look into the species more and get an answer for you then. Lets drop the extra tang, any suggestions on some wrasse I could add?

Are the 10 chromis still part of the plan?

What wrasses do you like? A fairy wrasse would work well

It seems that the move messed with their hierarchy or something. They are slowly killing each other off. I'm am catching what I can and giving them away to locals, but yes they will not be replaced. As far as wrasses go I don't know much, I was looking at maybe a pair of scotts fairies and a pair of mckoskers flashers. Are both of these species pretty peaceful?

The flashers are definitely peaceful. I've read that the scotts are one of the more aggressive of the fairy wrasses but have no personal experience with them.

If you're just looking for information, fishbase.org is a great resource. A search of the prospective species here, will also yield great results in most cases.

Liveaquaria/divers den is the only place I've purchased fish from, online. They have been wonderful everytime, and I wouldn't hesitate to place another order.

Well as far as purchasing I will either place bigger orders on liveaquaria to dilute the shipping costs or else I will get a LFS to order them for me, whichever is more cost effective.
I just got this tank about a week ago and before that I only had a 34g red sea max so I am just now facing the possibilities of a few bigger fish

The flashers are definitely peaceful. I've read that the scotts are one of the more aggressive of the fairy wrasses but have no personal experience with them.

Yes, flashers are peaceful. C. scottorum is definitely highly aggressive.

Back