Fish only to reef

Goldenpuffer11

I have had fish only tanks for about 2 years, 300g and 200g saltwater. I am seriously thinking about converting my 200g to house coral. What would be the easiest way to do this without starting all over and not stressing out my family within the tank?
My current family in my 200g are:
Blue ring angelfish
Maculosus angelfish
Asfur angelfish
Cross hatch trigger
Black tang
Archilles tang
I know that some are not reef compatible and will eat some coral but still thing about it. Any help would be great.

IMO re-house the fish that aren't safe with corals in your 300g and select more suitable fish for the 200g. Placing food in your net over several nets will help make it easier to 'scoop' them out (get the fish use to the net) or you will more then likely end up replacing eaten corals.

The main factors to consider are what type of corals do you want - softies, lps, sps.
Based on what you want (their needs do differ)
1) Is your flow sufficient for the coral
2) Lighting - is it suitable for corals?
3) A protein skimmer would be beneficial for corals
4) Water Quality (salinity, alk, cal, mg, nitrate ect) - corals are less forgiving than fish and prefer a higher salinity (about 35 ppm)

Ty bundybear1981, i am making the necessary plans to relocate some of the fish but I have to get rid of a few in my 300g because they have out grown it. Thinking of donating them to Marine Land here in Florida because My desaromi tangs has gotten to be about 14 inches and my clown trigger is about 12 inches and my unicorn tang is also about 12 inches. I have had them for about 2 years if not a little longer. This will make room for relocation. The rest in my 300g are: Queen angel, 2passer Angels, blue line trigger, Queen trigger, gold heart trigger, hippo tang, sohal tang, emporer Angel, purple tang, pasonifer Angel, golden puffer, titan trigger and eneiaca trigger(not sure of the spelling).

It's possibly with good water conditions there are a few species of softie whose growth might outrun the appetite of fish in a quite large tank: I had nothing eating gsp, and I had to throw out foot-wide patches of it that would go up the side glass. Discosoma purple mushrooms multiply like mad. Xenia certainly does, and I can't feature anything wanting to eat it.

Back