fish suggestions

LowDime

Hey everyone i am wanting to add a couple fish to my 65 gallon tall set up and was looking for some suggestions. I want fish that are social and active swimming. But i also want fish that are hardy and look good.

THanks

Flasher Wrasses are social and hardy. Three or four would work in a 65 G. Tail-spot Blennies and Orchid Dottybacks are a couple other classics. Maybe a Flameback Angel if you don't mind the possible risk to corals.

What do you have in there now?

How about a Flame Hawk fish? We love ours, has a real personality and watches us when we go near the tank. He is also very active, always moving around the tank.

As Half-Vaped suggested, flasher wrasses, some of the smaller fairy wrasses are great, bright and active. Midas blenny, a small group of dartfish or smaller anthias could also work in the open-water planktivore niche.

In my 65, I'm willing to take a bit of risk; angelfish were important to me, and there are a flame and coral beauty together ... so far, without incident. perching blennies, such as the tailspot are another entertaining choice - they're not "out" all the time, but have a charming personality. Some of the Chrysiptera damsels can also work - I have three azures in my setup, and their blue/yellow combination is across-the-room bright.

You have a lot of options!

~Bruce

my last clown fish died. so I am done with clown fish until they stop inbreeding them so much. I picked up a tri color wrasse and a very small vlamingii tang and a little lawn mower blenny just cause I like the way they look and hop around.

I have a African leopard, yellow coris & flasher wrasse in my 66g. Great reef dwellers, constantly swimming thru rock work picking live rock. Also have a lawnmower & bicolor blenny, great reef dwellers specially the lawnmower for algae control. The royal gramma is also a great reef fish and very nice colors, inexpensive & hardy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

my last clown fish died. so I am done with clown fish until they stop inbreeding them so much. I picked up a tri color wrasse and a very small vlamingii tang and a little lawn mower blenny just cause I like the way they look and hop around.

Clowns are pretty bulletproof, any idea what caused them to die? Disease maybe?

Also, I'd say you do not have nearly big enough of a tank for a Vlamingii Tang.

i have no idea why the clowns are dying. I have had probably 5 different clowns, from different stores in the area. They last anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months, then they die.

Are the clowns eating well for you? Do you suspect something like flukes?

A 120 is still nowhere near big enough for a Naso vlamingii.

i have no idea why the clowns are dying. I have had probably 5 different clowns, from different stores in the area. They last anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months, then they die.

Are you quarantining the Clowns? I am starting to see more clowns come in with Brook or Uronema.

Back