flat worms?

I did not receive any on mine and have never seen a post from anyone that has gotten live rock from them.

It may have other hitchhikers, but flatworms is not one of them.

well I just came across a post with photo that was refering to an ID of a typical worm and a flat worm was also in the picture as a size reference and the flat worm in the pic is something I do have, red in color, but the possible flat worm I have discovered (living in my mag float between the brissles) is not red, just tan/translucent.

Without a picture of your creature, it is going to be terribly difficult to tell. Many creatures can look similar but not necessarily be the same species. There are alot of different hitchhikers that come in on TBS, but as I said, I've never heard anyone mention flatworms.

I find it strange that you would have a flatworm between the bristles of your mag float. I would have to consider that it is something else. At this point, it's just a guess.

Here is a link that might help some more with the identification of any hitchhikers that you may encounter.

yah, I will look through the link. I will admit that the term flat worm may be too broad of a term.

in the "reef discussion" forum there is a thread titled "worm?" in the posted photo is a red worm, refered to as a flat worm, and I have seen one on my glass.

Back