Flatworm removal - Part UNO!

wiszmaster

In Memoriam
let me start by saying **** this **** ... this **** really **** !!! - its fill in the blanks(****)!

Scott came over & made me start working on my flatworm issue ... NO, I DID NOT FEEL LIKE IT! I've been pretty bummbed about it, and hadn't worked up the ... energy to start this project.

We siphoned & vacuumed most of the free ... 'sitting' flatworms from the sandbed, and rocks - filled 3 x 45g rubbermaid totes 1/2 full ... filtered & returned the water.

I have about 35g-45g of freshly made SW in the garage ... tomorrow i'll start round one of FLATWORM EXIT.

Thanks Scott for coming over & helping!

--mp

yes! i'm sorry, i said i would.

just do the following:

1. Get another bucket - put it on the floor infront of your tank.
2. TURN OFF YORUPUMP
3. grab a hose - one end in the tank, the other end in the empty bucket - suck on the hose end thats int he bucket - & start the siphon flow.
4. remove as much as your bucket can hold

5. take the rock with the zoanthids & flatworms - put it in the bucket with the old tank water & SHAKE IT untill you see no-more flatworms on the rock!

6. start putting water from the new water bucket into the tank - to level of before.

WATER CHANGE DONE!

Great, but I can't do it until tonight. I'm going to the movies today,and mom and i need to do some things, I'll be back around 5:30.

Re: Flatworm removal - Part UNO!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8908564#post8908564 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wiszmaster
let me start by saying **** this **** ... this **** really **** !!! - its fill in the blanks(****)!

We siphoned & vacuumed most of the free ... 'sitting' flatworms from the sandbed, and rocks - filled 3 x 45g rubbermaid totes 1/2 full ... filtered & returned the water.

SHOULD HAVE NEVER F'ING DONE THIS!!!!!!!!!! a

Back