Flatworms on ricordeas?

chelskisw6

I was looking at the coral this morning and saw what seems to be multiple flatworms. Has anyone seen flatworms on their rics before?

Only time I had them, I just dipped in freshwater, shook the rics, and watched the flatworms drop off. Got rid of all of them.

Yea give them a good shaking, they are hardest to get rid of on ricordeas I find. The slime coat from the shroom will actually protect them.

I did a FW dip, and i havent seen another yet. The corals were a little shocked, but are happy again... much easier than getting rid of Zoa eating nudis i think...

yea I had flatworms before...and believe me the problem can get bad very fast...freshwater dip as much as you can and then do the treatment

also, you can use a turkey baster to remove them when you see them on your rics, but long term your best bet is to treat with fwe.

actually i had a huge infestation in my 20 long but when adding fish, the last one i bought was a six line wrasse. about a week and they were gone and i havent seen hide nor hair of them since. either lucky or the siz line is a good solution

since doing the dip ive found about five of them hanging on the glass, nowhere near the rics though.

Ryan27272: Thanks for the suggestion, but Im not a fan of 6lines in nanos... Ill just keep dipping and snagging them off the glass...

sorry too late, i killed em all... if i see anymore ill get a picture, but theres not much to see, they just look like small brown spots on the rics...

Back