Flow options for a 93 mixed Cube

erid

Hi reefers,

Returning to the hobby after 8 years. I used 2 Hydor Koralila with my last 90- Gallon with great success. I have a new rimless 93 cube 30x30.

I'm attracted to Ecotech Marine's Vortech MP40 because I bought their lighting (Radion XR15 Pro x2), and I'd like to use mobius to control my lighting and pump, but I'm open to other opinions.
There are less expensive pumps with similar features like red sea reef wave, maxspect Gyure, etc. I love the options and features, but dont want to pay alot for that muffler (if possible).

Any reccommendations?

Thanks for reading!

I run 2 MP40s on a 60g cube (24x24x24). They're set to about half and provide plenty of flow. I used 4 MP 40s on my 120g in the past (48x24x24), two on the sides and two on the back glass. I PROBABLY could have gotten away with the two on the sides running at 80+%, but having some on the back at a lower setting helped randomize the flow.

I'm sure you'd be fine with 2 MP40s on your cube. Having two on opposite sides really increases your randomized flow patterns and helps prevent dead spots. Just build your aquascape to support good all around flow and I think you'll be golden.

Back