Flukes on CBB!

szl

Hi everyone,

To keep this short and sweet, I learned the hard way about not QT'ing my fishie friends. I have learned alot about the QT process and have had great success in eliminating disease from my tank.

I purchased a CBB last night to deal with some aptasia in my tank and I noticed him twitching his head in QT. Since these fish can be finnickey eaters, I decided my best bet rather than medicating would be to do a fresh water dip.

Normally I have treated the tank with medication, so this is my first experience doing FW dips. I dipped him for 5 mins just now and HOLY MOLY a ton of white little thingies came off him. Im certain it was flukes.

Now that I have dipped him once, what is my next step? He is back in his QT tank doing well. Can he become reinfected from the water? Should I do a 100% WC on the tank? I just WC my display so I have water to do it. A very reputable LFS told me that I should dip him 3 times, waiting a day in between each dip.

I just want to give the little guy the best treatment I can so he lives a healthy life.

Thanks!

Read through this thread on flukes.

You need to do two rounds of Prazi. I currently going through the same thing. Flukes got one of my Lyretails. At the end of QT, which for me is 30 days from the last symptoms, I'm also going to setup a second container with new uncontaminated saltwater and move the fish to that and dose with Prazi one final time. I followed the 1/2 dose at night followed by 1/2 dose in morning routine. You could see the flukes drop off the fish within minutes of dosing Prazi.

Back