for sale: fluval 404 & prizm skimmer

166north

i have a Fluval 404 fliter for sale, in perfect working order. still have all the parts and the original box. it does need new filter media, however. i'm asking 70 bucks for it.
i also have a prizm skimmer for sale, again in perfect working order. i'm asking 50 bucks for that one.
i'll be at the meeting this weekend if that helps as far as picking it up since i live in the woods of NW CT.

just in case you didn't know..this is what most of us think about the prizm skimmer :uzi: :thumbdown I beat mine with a hammer

hey tom i would keep it around for a spare .i kept my smaller skimmer you never know when it will come in handy .hows the clam and flame angle ?i went to get a clam i had my eye on and just as i got to it it was getting bagged : ( .thats what i get for draging my feet . o well !maybe next time .later. warren

warren,might be a good idea. although, truthfully, i haven't run a skimmer in a while, ever since i added the macro Algea, it stopped skimming.
anyways, both are doing fine. thank you for asking. oh, btw, thats why i got there early, so i could put a hold on anything i might of wanted, i learned that leasson a while back.

yep lesson learned ! im not sure about this but i think you need to do more water changes if you go skimmerless with a fuge .i might be mistaking but you might want to look into it .hey maybe we can set something up for friday for your pods .let me now if its good for you .thanks. warren

One thing that is definitely a good idea if you go skimmerless with a fuge is extra and more frequently changed chemical filtration (carbon). Macro tends to make your watter a bit less clear.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6998515#post6998515 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 166north
warren,might be a good idea. although, truthfully, i haven't run a skimmer in a while, ever since i added the macro Algea, it stopped skimming.

Yeah, I just put a fuge on my tank Sun night and today I noticed it's not skimming. I was thinking something was wrong with it but I just overhauled it a week ago and everything was fine. Wierd.

Back