Frag with Bryopsis

KrisDM

So I got this frag from a buddy of mine and I saw a small Bryopsis sticking on the base of the coral frag, I have it on a QT. Is there a way I can safely eliminate the Bryopsis/treat it & then move it to my DT.

Appreciate the help & input!

You could dip the side where the bryopsis is situated in a hydrogen peroxide tank water solution. Pluck it off when you dip it and if there is some left, it should die due to being dipped. I did this with some zoa frags and it worked great.

shouldn't be a problem. Sorry for the delayed response. Make sure its a 2:1 solution for lps I used 1:1 on zoas and it worked but I would go for a 2:1 solution for other corals. I would dip for about a minute.

I have the same issue... Almost positive it's bryopsis but h2o2 didn't kill it.... I used 3:1 ratio then plucked two pieces off and put them in pure 3% h2o2 and nothing... I know my peroxide is good it made the zoas shed a layer of "skin", mad killed all other algae but these little things are still there... These are small... 1/16th of an inch and conical fern like algae... Wish I had a good cam w a macro lens so I could get a pic but I can't get anything that shows the little buggers...? Any ideas...?

This Is awfully late....I suggest you pop if off the frag plug & discard it. Peroxide any exposed calcium skeleton if possible. Keep an eye on it. Bryopsis is one of the worst pest algaes. Ceramic frag plugs, with their rough, porous qualities are ideal surfaces for all kinds of parasite eggs, algaes and other things.

Back