Fragged mushrooms, how long to grow back to full size ?

pledosophy

I know this is an open ended question, but it stands.

My lfs gave me the chance to take any mushrooms that had left there colony rock, so I did. I cut them off with an exacto knife, and put them in a tubberware filled with LR and covered with bridal veil.

Only 4 of the 11 attached after 2 weeks, so I decided to cut the ones that had not attached into 4's and place them in tubberware in my new propagation system in the garage.

Many are still unattached, but I was curious after they attach what is there growth rate?

I have them in a 20g L under 96w of PC's. They are fed by dual refugiums ( pump fed into gravity fed into mushroom tank) and I have been adding DT's, as well as some seachem products. Is there anything else I should/could be adding that would stimulate growth?

Just wondering what your experiences were. I know the anwser will be vague, as is the question, but do look forward to your help.

I have spent the last couple weeks reading through many of the threads here, I have learned alot, Thank You for that.

I actually fragged a mushroom a few days ago, I cut one into half. The two pieces attached the next day. Butwhat i did was to put them in a livebearer breeding trap and float it just under the lights. Bith pieces are already healed and expanding after 3 days.

WOW I wish I was having that experience.

As is I have the mushrooms in a prop tank about 6" under the lights, but they are slow to attach and have shown no growth.

Thanks for your response.

Anyone else ? ? ?

What kind of lighting do you have? mine are about 10" below T5's. I fragged 2 more mushrooms today 2 pieces have attached, the other two are being a pain.

Just PC's. I have 1 96w 50/50 on there now. Will be adding another 55w 50/50 tomorrow.

I got another 5 loose mushrooms again today. All are in bins full or rubble rock.

In my display tank I have T5's and PC's mixed for about 6wpg. The mushrooms in the display are reproducing very well, but I don't want all of those tubberwares in my living room tank.

Maybe if I can get them to grow I can step up to a MH or something. For now I have to work with what I've got.

I am unsure of this by reading your post but I have had better success by not netting the top of the bowl. You have to put them in a moderately low flow area but NOT NO FLOW. The bowl should also be shallow to allow water to flow easily through the container. The less flow the longer it takes for them to attach (in my experiences)

What I have read differs, but my experiences thus far are aligning with yours.

I now have them in taller tubberwares, but the first few inches is filled with LR, and there are a bunch of holes drilled through the tubberwares to encourage flow. There is some flow in the area as well. i will direct a little more to see if it helps.

My experience with the bridal veil has not been a good one yet whether it be attaching the veil to a rock or to a bowl. JME.

Back