fragging a hammer coral???

branching types are very easy. i prefer to cut 3/4 of the way through with a dremel and snap it off, but bone cutter work too.

you can put a rubberband over the flesh where u want to cut it, it will recede creating a gap. now yoy can cut it right down that gap with a dremel. some people just cut it through the skeleton and slice the flesh with a razor, but ive known a couple of people who got brown jelly infections that way. the rubberband method is much safer. just give the coral enough time to recede and heal before you cut it. try not to cut it on a mouth. see if you can place the band between 2 mouths.

Oh wow I didn't know that could be done. I will definitely have to do mine after it grows some more. Its a beautiful specimen. Here is a pic of it from last April. It has grown some since then.

Hammer4-2-05.jpg

I had a friend that did NOT do the rubber band trick, but just cut the specimen in half and cut the flesh with a razor... his coral died of brown jelly disease... not right away, but when it started, the coral went quick.

Back