Free DIY stand. Project halted.

Webmanny

Hey guys,

Some of you know of my plan to place my nano tank and my frag tank in a single stand, but due to life and medical issues the project had been on hold for a long time and I no longer have the ability or energy to proceed with the project.

Warnings:
  • The stand is not complete.
  • It still needs side doors, paint and some love.
  • It has some water damage that needs to be sanded away because it was outside for a bit.

Measurements are 55"Wide X 22" deep X 32" high.

I live near Busch Gardens. Pm me if you are interested. I can offer some help loading it, but if you bring help, even better.

These are some pictures.

The beginning:
upload_-1.jpg

Taken today:
upload_-1.jpg

This is the damage I mentioned:
upload_-1.jpg

Thank you buddy. I appreciate the good wishes. It will take some time, but I hope to get rid of this bad luck spell.

I might not be the one who should but, you should keep it. It's definitely a nice gesture but I've thrown away stuff then months later realized I needed it.

I wish I could, but I don't have the room inside the house right now and if I leave it outside, it will only deteriorate more. I hope to get back into this project early next year, but I will let someone with the right tools and experience build it for me.

Hey... Maybe CrazyEyes can help me with it and that way hey can get his new build rush and I get a complete stand.

I just want this thing gone so the wife leaves me alone about it. I hope someone here can get some use out of it and I don't have to just throw is away.

Are you putting the project only hold only due to not being able to finish it yourself? If so, I'm sure a few of us could get together and finish this bad boy up for you. I personally would be willing to give a hand in it. It looks like you are so close and I'd hate to see it all thrown out like that.

wow. I am simply floored by the brotherhood and the kindness of this group. I was not expecting any of this at all. The reason for me putting this project on hold was due to not being able to finish it, because of a recent surgery I had, which has left me with limited mobility for a period of time.

I am really at a loss for words and at the same time motivated by all of you. I have someone who has offered to pick this up tonight, but was not sure if they could get a truck. I don't want to back out on this person, since they had to make arrangements to get the truck. However, if that falls through, I will keep this stand and do my best to finish it.

I may enlist the help of some of you kind friends to help me with some details. I really appreciate all your kind offers for help. I will keep you guys updated.

wow. I am simply floored by the brotherhood and the kindness of this group. I was not expecting any of this at all. The reason for me putting this project on hold was due to not being able to finish it, because of a recent surgery I had, which has left me with limited mobility for a period of time.

I am really at a loss for words and at the same time motivated by all of you. I have someone who has offered to pick this up tonight, but was not sure if they could get a truck. I don't want to back out on this person, since they had to make arrangements to get the truck. However, if that falls through, I will keep this stand and do my best to finish it.

I may enlist the help of some of you kind friends to help me with some details. I really appreciate all your kind offers for help. I will keep you guys updated.

Of course man, I have a decent amount of tools and would be more than willing to give a helping hand. I'm sure we wouldn't have a problem recruiting Crazyeyes as well. (He's gonna kill me for that, lol) That's what we are here for right? To help each other out!

I'm in! I have a chop saw, table saw, air compressor, finishing nail gun, and paint sprayer that will help move it along. Keep us posted.

Update:

The guy didn't show up. Therefore, I'm going to keep the stand and try to resume work on it at some point soon. I only have the side doors to build, which I think I can do and I was going to stain the stand, but for simplicity's sake, I've decided to just paint it black.

Any suggestions on the paint and if I need to prime it first or something like that?

I want to avoid having some of you guys travel here just to help me finish this and I would like to make it simple and give it a protective finish that will last.

I would definitely prime it with something like Kilz, then do like a black latex paint. The primer will keep the wood from soaking up so much black paint.

You guys are all super amazing. I'll keep you all in mind as I restart this build. A million thanks to all that have offered to help out or gave idea contributions.

I'm honored to be part of this incredible group of people.

While you are painting - I recommend high gloss white exterior paint on the inside - protects from humidity/spills, makes it easier to see down there, and reflects some fuge light to help grow macro.

Back