Free Mantis

imgrtful

In Memoriam
ok now they are free.you pick up.otherwise they'll probly just be fed to a trigger.i dont want to do that,but i also dont want to set up a mantis tank.

Same here...I would really like to get a mantis for my 5g. It has no inhabitants right now and I have been looking for a mantis, if you decide to ship let me know.

Im in Orlando and would love to take that mantis off your hands. I have a 5 gallon that I was gonna set up as a nano reef, but I already have a 20 gallon reef, so a 5 gallon mantis tank would be awesome.

Send me an email at CSRobe02@yahoo.com if you still have it and want to get rid of it.

Why must people always say, "Otherwise I'll have to feed it to my trigger," before offering them up for adoption? I really don't mean to flame.

I just had someone on another board say to me, "If you don't take this one I'll have to flush it soon!" only because he knew I kept one. He then went on to quote me $50 for a thermos and shipping.

I just don't think it's that difficult to find a willing home without having to threaten killing them. In context for non-mantis owners maybe it's like hearing, "Hey, you'd better take this fish off of my hands or I'll have to put it in a sushi roll..."

Sorry, just venting. I hope yours finds a good home Imgrtful.

-Rogue

RogueCorps said:
Why must people always say, "Otherwise I'll have to feed it to my trigger," before offering them up for adoption? I really don't mean to flame.

I just had someone on another board say to me, "If you don't take this one I'll have to flush it soon!" only because he knew I kept one. He then went on to quote me $50 for a thermos and shipping.

I just don't think it's that difficult to find a willing home without having to threaten killing them. In context for non-mantis owners maybe it's like hearing, "Hey, you'd better take this fish off of my hands or I'll have to put it in a sushi roll..."

Sorry, just venting. I hope yours finds a good home Imgrtful.

-Rogue

this wasnt my first attempt at trying to get rid of them.at first it was free,then i wanted cash,(after all the damage and shrimp i'd lost,i figured getting paid for it wasn't wrong),then i tried to get someone to trade for it,then back to free.so obviously,i'm not going to kill it,i've kept it this long and even moved them out of a critter keeper to a 10g within a day.they really are pretty.i think since one knows the other one is in there with it,they wont come out of thier rocks.see,even put rocks in there for them.even had the rocks in the critter keeper so they wouldn't kill each other.if i wanted to really kill them,then i would have.not just threaten to.but i really wanted to find them a suitable home.i really did want to kill the one at first(at first thought there really was just one)because of what i went through with it in the tank,then what i went through to get it out.breaking down a 120 isnt fun.then my sump sprung a leak.bought a 55g with fuge.emptied my fuge that was gravity fed from the garage,and whoa:eek1: another mantis.like i said,they are cute,and those big beedy eyes wouldnt let me destroy them like the big bad human i am.

yes and no.i have someone in jacksonville who wants one,but will take both if i dont find it a home.then someone in orlando im'd me and said that they want one.i emailed him pics and told him to come and get it.never heard back from him.so..........

Hi I'm from san antonio tx, where no one keeps them as pets. If you would like to try to figure something out please get a hold of me, I plan on getting one, I even have a specific 7bowfront just for a lucky mantis : )

Back