Frogspawn growth

BeachVacationer

Since my purchase of a frogspawn, I've seen it grow but I notice that the color of the new growth is brown and the area from when I bought it is white. Anyone know what this means? Good or bad? I have no clue.

Here you can see the difference in color.

20161129_202814.jpg

If your referring to those small polyps on the skeleton the color is probably brown because it's being shaded from above when the coral is in full bloom. Either way though what your seeing is definitely a good thing.

Ok, that pic is awfully blue and hard to see what I explained. Here's a new pic. The main trunk that has grown since it was put into the tank is darker than the trunk before it was put into my tank. Hopefully you can see that. Why the darker color is my question.

20161130_210019.jpg

Looks Like flesh. BTW kill that vermitid. Can/will irritate corals and spread all over tank.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

I don't see any problem.. Coral colors can/will change slightly from one tank/lighting,etc.. to another

Looks Like flesh. BTW kill that vermitid. Can/will irritate corals and spread all over tank.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Good suggestion! I had no idea what that was. The tube looks empty and I've never seen anything come out of it. Might be long dead but still good to remove it then. Thanks.

Since my purchase of a frogspawn, I've seen it grow but I notice that the color of the new growth is brown and the area from when I bought it is white. Anyone know what this means? Good or bad? I have no clue.

Here you can see the difference in color.

View attachment 362491

I think corals can bleach from getting not enough light, too much light, or even just when stressed. I had a frag hammer fall into the substrate under the rocks and it bleached from lack of light. When set up my new aquarium and transferred everything, I found the little frag, and placed it with the larger colony. All the new growth for the small colony is pink/tan with blue tips (same color as the mother colony).

I think the brown you're seeing could be the actual color of the hammer, eventually that white piece may color up as well, but it will take a long time. On mine, the bleached heads are only just starting to get color, and it's been in the new aquarium for about 6 months.

Growth is a good thing! :)

Yea, Kill that guy. Or if nothing else pull the tube. Otherwise, Man it looks good to me. Growth is growth. IF it continues to change colors and looks unhealthy, try moving it around a bit, also make sure you water is in good shape.

Back