Frogspawn Help

RuggerReef

I have a 75 gal with a 20 gal sump. I have a 48 inch dual Aquatic life T5 with a 54 watt Hexarc ocean blue and a 460nm bulbs. I bought a frogspawn frag with 2 heads about two weeks ago and it looked good. Now it's starting to look a little limp and not as bright. What can i do to bring it back to its bright and full flowing state?

My water param's 0 ammonia, 0 nitrate, 10 nitrite, 8.2 ph. My lights are on for about 10 hrs day. The FS in below a 800 gph powerhead that is pointed upward, IMO it is in a moderate flow area. I do have a 800 gph PH on each side and a 400 ghp on the back in the middle they are all about mid level depth and are pointed upward.

You definitely need to get your nitrite in check. How long has the tank been running for? Also to help you better, more info on your water parameters are needed. Temperature, salinity, magnesium, calcium, alkalinity, phosphates. When was the last time the bulbs were changed? Is the FS close to the lights? Is it getting enough light? I am unfamiliar with the bulbs you've listed, the 460nm is self explanatory, what color temperature is the other bulb?

I just checked my water last night, and all my param are the same but my nitrite is down to 5 ppm. My salinity is at 1.025, temp is at 78, but I don't have a mag, calc, alk, or phos test. My bulbs are new; I bought them when I purchase the FS. I did just move my FS off the sand bed onto a piece of live rock. My Hexarc Blue Ocean blue bulb in somewhere between a 10k and 14k bulb

Nitrite could definitely be the cause of the problem with your FS. It is also worth finding out what your mag, calc, alk, and phos levels are. If you don't want to buy the test kits, a lot of stores will do the tests for you. Also, I'm not sure if I missed it, how long has the tank been running for? Nitrite is not something you will typically see in a cycled tank.

Well that's a little better! Your tank is still really new though. All of the parameters you have answers for are within the acceptable range, but clearly something is off. If your other parameters are within range when you have them checked, you may have something out of the ordinary going on. Stray voltage, chemical contaminates, a tank mate issue, etc...

Be sure and check your Alk levels Very important for any stony coral LPS or SPS to have good steady params between 8dkH and 11qkH.

Back