From 10,000k to 14,000k

coral_lagoon

Pushrod Powered
I have the Orbit single 150 watt MH that also has 2 65watt PC actinics. I plan on changing the 10k HQI bulb to a 14k bulb. So my question is, do I need to acclimate my corals to this lighting? Or do you think they would be ok?
If you think I do need to acclimate. I would like to hear some of your ideas and ways. Thanks...:beer:

Your corals will be fine. You generally need to acclimate your corals to lighting when you increase the wattage not the Kelvin rating. I switched to a Phoenix 14k & love them!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15421246#post15421246 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefrf
Your corals will be fine. You generally need to acclimate your corals to lighting when you increase the wattage not the Kelvin rating. I switched to a Phoenix 14k & love them!!

Sweet I ordered a Phoenix to..:bum:

Thanks bro..

If the bulb you are replacing is old (9 months or more), it would be a good idea to either cut back your photo period or add screens to the top of your tank to shade it and gradually increase photo period or remove the screen. If the 10K bulb is newer, there is no need to acclimate.

Back