From A 46 to a 72.. Help Please.

Kingsean74

I currently have a 46 gallon bow-front set up but inherited a bigger tank, a 72 gallon tank and is planning on moving my rocks and my water from my existing tank to my 72 gallon tank but I am going to go with a different sand bed, something deeper and smaller grains that what I have now. I have a 20gal long sump but I want to get a better sump with space for a refugium, I seen one in store where I get all of my RO/DI water and supplies from and if it is still available that is what I would get or either get one built for it. My question is I have had my tank up and running now for a while and I have recently seen some green hair algae growth on my sand bed and some on my rocks, will it be an issue to do the move with the green hair algae or try to get it corrected first? And also by adding new sand, more live rock will this have an effect on the one clown fish I have now? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The would just continue the hair algae battle in the new tank. With more water volume, it may dilute the nitrates and phosphate levels and aid you. The additional live rock you add will need to be fully cured or you will likely start a new cycle. Purchase either fully cured rock from an established aquarium or buy standard live rock and cycle it in a brute trash can.

The would just continue the hair algae battle in the new tank. With more water volume, it may dilute the nitrates and phosphate levels and aid you. The additional live rock you add will need to be fully cured or you will likely start a new cycle. Purchase either fully cured rock from an established aquarium or buy standard live rock and cycle it in a brute trash can.

Thanks for the help. I had a problem with some brown algae and got that pretty much out of the way and got a reactor and all of a sudden .. BOOM. green hair algae. Thanks for the help, I think the store that I get all of the things for my tank should have some cured rock. I have 85lbs now in a 46 bow, in your opinion how much more live rock should I get?

Back