Frustration Aiptasia

Ok I went with peppermint shrimp and am down to one aiptasia now one more question might be dumb but I took a bunch of live rock out of a 75 gal I took down and will do the same with the hundred gal. I left the rock out from the 75 for 4 months will cycle in a qt tank the dried up aiptasia won't regrow will it not sure how they work. Thanks

Since no one is answering this question, I'd be a lot more comfortable bleaching all the rock before I used it again. Put it all in a Rubbermaid bin, trough, or trash can and bleach it.

Ok like a 10% solution did not know you could bleach rock and then put the rock back into the system later

One to two cups of bleach. Soak the rocks overnight, rinse thoroughly after your done and let them air out a couple of days.

Ok I went with peppermint shrimp and am down to one aiptasia now one more question might be dumb but I took a bunch of live rock out of a 75 gal I took down and will do the same with the hundred gal. I left the rock out from the 75 for 4 months will cycle in a qt tank the dried up aiptasia won't regrow will it not sure how they work. Thanks

This will work. The dried aiptasia will not grow back. I used to do this before I bought peppermint shrimps. It's easy if you haven't glued all your rocks together.

Back