FS: A couple things, wet and dry

nstiesi

I have a few threads floating around, and bottom line is I have made some big changes to my reef. Now, in the spirit of full disclosure, the reason for the changes has been a bubble algae, xenia, and high nutrient problem resulting is the receding of zoas. During this time, sps and lps have been at least steady, if not growing. Therefore, I can't guarantee there wont be bubble algae spores on anything that comes from me, or xenia, gsp. Disclosure #2, the pics supplied are a year old. I need to wait for my tank to clear to get new pics since I just stirred it up with new rock work, coral placement, and water changes.

If anyone is still interested in some reclaimation projects, as well as some other stuff:

1.) 29 gallon tank. 30x12x18 (i think its 18 tall, but im sure about the footprint, its a standard 29). Oak trim, hasnt seen water in over a year. Stored in garage, little dusty, but otherwise good shape. $20.

2.) 5 gallon bucket full of rock. (bucket not included) This just came out of the tank this weekend and is dry. It is mostly marco rock, but might have some other types mixed it. Still has some coral and other forms of death on it, so this is reclaimation rock. Will probably need bleaching, scrubbing, re-seeding, etc....whichever method one prefers. $10

3.) Large leng sy monti cap. Green with purple rim, has been the star of my tank. This piece is holding two medium rocks together, so it will need to be sold with rocks. Also, I took a chunk off to get me started again. I'm selling it because I pegged all my rock work together in a very specific way, and it just didnt fit in my plans as is; I want my chunk to grow with the new aquascape. $30 obo.

4.) Large pink birdsnet. The other star of my tank until now. Never stopped growing no matter how the tank was doing, and got THICK and DENSE. I would say it is currently softball sized. Now, it does have some bubble algae currently in it, so you might want to surgically extract it. It is attached to a small rock, which goes with. It also took damage as I broke a decent piece off for my new tank. Selling for same reason as Leng Sy. $30 obo.

5.) Orange monti digi. Perhaps another reclaimation, has shown some signs of bleaching of late. This thing always grew funny, and spread out to cover its entire rock before starting to branch. Might want to just take it for fragging, I just dont have the time or energy to frag all of this out. $10 obo.

6.) Freebies: I have a few rocks with plain green zoas, plain eagle eyes, xenia, gsp, and maybe a mushroom. these were banished to the sump, I just dont feel like finding a place for them while I sort out my issues. Full disclosure again, The zoas have been receding in my tank, and im not sure why, so take these at your own risk. If no one claims, I'll probably just dry them out.

Also free, any pieces of green, blue monti-digi or pink birds nest that has broken off in rock drilling etc. I have a few pieces just sitting on the sand bed. Feel free to take any.

Lastly, I think i need more flow, so I would entertain trades for Korallia 1400gph or stronger/similar powerheads.

Leng sy cap last year. It grew by 50%-100% of this size from then until now, minus the piece I broke off to keep.

Picture%2520071.jpg

birdsnest last year. EASILY double size now prior to any damage it took.
Picture%2520070.jpg

the orange digi. It covers the whole rock now, but hasnt branched much.
04122011%2520%252817%2529.jpg

Oh, and first come first served please, especially with respect to the leng sy and birdsnest. I need them off the sandbed so I can vacuum up all the crud I stirred up when re-doing the rocks this weekend. thanks!

It sure did Marvin, and bigger than as pictured. It was magnificent, and it sucks to have to break it up and sell it off, but such is the march of progress.

I will take the bigger rocks with the zoas on them.. and I can trade you a 1400 gph koralia for the leng sy cap..lmk

It sure did Marvin, and bigger than as pictured. It was magnificent, and it sucks to have to break it up and sell it off, but such is the march of progress.

Awesome! I love seeing frags grow into colonies. Good luck with your sale.

Birdsnest kinda pending due to trade. Still have tank, bucket of rock, orange digi, a few zoa rocks in sump, and broken off shards of digi.

Please put me in line for the birds nest. I am available to come pick it up this afternoon or early evening. PM sent with phone.

Intereasted in rock and orange digi and what ever little frags you got could possibly pick up wednesday night if. Good for you.

Bump, bridsnest has to go. Its not too happy on the sandbed and the flukes are a comin'....

29g tank is also still for available

Back