FS Broken Baldor Dart

brad

I have a GOLD - SUPER Dart/Snapper Hybrid, Baldor motor, bought for $365 in 2013. The seal was leaking for a while, but I chose to wait to replace it until after a recent scuba diving trip. The pump still leaked after replacing the seals, but ran fine for a week. Thursday morning it sounded noticeably worse, and it stopped completely while I was at work. The shaft does turn with a screw driver, but requires more force than it should. Taking it apart for visual inspection (just the part needed to replace the seal), everything looks good to me.

I know the Baldor Darts usually last 15+ years, Reeflo can fix it (not free). I took this as an excuse to upgrade to a Red Dragon, so I'd sell this to someone if they were interested. I have no idea what to charge, but think $60 is fair, however feel free to lowball me if no one posts anything to this thread in a few weeks. I will list this as free on LEAR if no one posts - but am not driving an hour to deliver it for free/lowball. You take a chance using this, but could save $200 vs a new Super Dart, which isn't as well made as the old ones.

Hey Brad If no one claims it I would take a chance on it. I work in Macedonia so I believe I am close to you and can meet up with you. Cheers John

No other interest, so its yours if you want it. I can drop it off at your work in the morning, if that is easiest.

Brad that would work. I work at Home Depot in Macedonia. I don't get in till 9 but you could leave it at the Pro Desk to my attention and I will pick it up when I get in. or we could meet up later. Cheers John

I planned on bringing it this morning, but was running a little late. I should have it Monday

Picked it up Wednesday, got a chance to look at it today. Got the motor turning freely but noisy, will need bearings. Also found the impeller split, will need replaced. Cheers.

Back