FS (final part out): 125 AGA, 2 RBTA, some corals, and other misc stuff.

wolf pup

OK, the time has come to get this thing out of my dining room....1st to go is

2 RBTA

IMG_1316.JPG

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

These have been healthy and happy in my tank for years and years. They are each on their own rock (as of today) and never really moved around much. They each go from softball size to dinner plate size so you will need some space. My clowns loved hosting in them. $25 each (includes rock). Bring your own bucket or Styrofoam box.

Next is a misc piece of rock with a tennis ball sized pink birdsnest (Seriatopora hystrix), 3" or so of Orange Montipora Digitata, and some random zoa that in my tank was yellow/green with a brownish skirt. The rock itself is maybe 10" x 6" so i would recommend a Rubbermaid tub. $35 gets you the whole shebang

IMAG0033.jpg

I also have a smaller rock with a bunch of orange bam bams on it - $20 takes it away

IMAG0029.jpg

Here is a softball sized rock covered about 30% in evil mels with a colony of peach star polyps also - $30 for this great piece

IMAG0030.jpg

Ok...the tank itself - standard 125 (6') AGA not drilled, always salt, NEVER copper, I am the original owner. It does have scratches and is heavily encrusted with coraline algae. It's in my dining room so you can be assured that it does not leak. You need a minimum of 2 (strong) people and a truck or 6' of van/suv space. Availability for pick up will depend on when the above livestock goes and how quick I can drain it/remove the substrate. The picture is of the tank when it was full. It's $100 for the tank

IMAG0060.jpg

So...what else is there, well I've got 2" x 18" x 71" of substrate consisting of a mix of mostly white and some black sand. This stuff has been around a LONG time and is very seasoned with bacteria and other life. Probably some narsarius snails hiding in there as well as whatever else. If anyone wants to bring buckets by and take it for free, that's fine by me. There are also still astrae snails, a few turbo snails, red leg and blue leg hermits, a HUGE sally lightfoot that has never bothered my corals and a nice sea cucumber (brown/black?) that is 8" long when he wants to be. I plan on picking out some more hermits and putting them in the new tank I set up (30 cal cube) but the rest of the snails can go to whoever stops by for other stuff as things are broken down. I don't think I have enough to keep the sally or the cucumber fed in my new tank so I'd like to find someone who has a large old tank who would like them. Needs to be a 55+ and have been up for a year. Otherwise I think I'll donate em to my LFS to help keep their tanks clean. $10 for the sally, $10 for the cucumber. The cucumber can come out anytime but I'm going to need to get the rest of the rock out before I can get the sally so there may be a short delay on pick up there.

Regarding whatever rock is left in the tank, it can go once the anemones and corals go away. This is a volume issue as I need to take the sump off line and move the remaining volume into the tank. The rock is nothing fancy but I'm guessing there is about 30# there or so. I really can't estimate that stuff well. It can all go for $40 but make sure to read the disclosure below

Equipment wise I have 2 Tunze 6055's for $120 each or $200 for both (I'll want to clean them up before you pick them up and they are the last to go as they will keep the water moving until the tank is dry) a Reeflo Wahoo pump http://www.aquacave.com/reeflo-uno-wahoo-br-external-water-pump-537.html for $220 (It can go relative to the previous paragraph) and a MSX 250 (dual sicce) skimmer for $300 (ready now).

The stand under the tank will go with the tank or into the alley for the trash pickers. The canopy above has been retrofitted with 10 36" icecap t-5 reflectors, 8 near silent 80mm fans, and icecap t-5 endcaps. The bulbs are powered by 2 Workhorse 7's and an Icecap 660. The whole set up can walk out of here for $250 (after the anemones and corals go) or I'll strip everything apart and part it out next month. There are two hob overflows with custom u-tubes and stockmans that will be tossed in with the tank if the buyer wants them. I have an Iwaki WMD40 for $80. I also have an ASM G2 with recirc and gate valve mods for $120.

DISCLAIMER: This tank was up and running for years. There was a very good balance of life when it was running. Since I have been breaking it down, I have noticed growth of hair algae and aptasia. The hair algae is easily removed with a toothbrush and can be kept away through proper nitrate control (I dosed vodka but obviously stopped). The aptasia apparently were in hiding and kept away by my peppermint shrimp (they have gone to new homes) If you take anything alive from this tank, you will need to make sure you mitigate these issues. I NEVER had flatworms or other such pests. The tank was insured ich free through keeping it fallow for 4 months.

I believe I have not missed anything in the above post, if so I apologize and please email me for further information. I do have pics from an old post of the MSX skimmer.

bartecki, I did not get your pm - all other returned - I am coming off shift so I'm exhausted and packing it in tonight, will check back in tomorrow am. Thanks to all

What is your exact address interested in all RBTA/ Birdnest rock/Bambam/mels
I would be driving @ night so need to know how long it would take.
PM me please
Thanks

Current tanks: 120 reef, 45 hex reef, 150 gallon reef, 20 gallon quarantine, 2-40 gallon frag tanks all glass,40 gallon sump, mrc2 skimmer, Digital Aquatics controls, Panworld 50px and 100px return pump system, BRS phosphate reactor.3-250 MH lighting with 4 blue actinics and full DA moonlight system.

the asm g2 skimmer is complete with a mj900 feed pump - it is a recirc with a gate valve mod

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I know this is a few weeks ago, but do you still have the ASM G2 skimmer? And would you be willing to ship to 97501? I could pay you with PayPal or send a check/money order.

Back