FS nice cheap DIY LED light in OC (can grow SPS)

organism

code monkey
Please read everything before pm'ing, thanks!

Available for pickup in 92707 for $200, will include 2 timers. As far as intensity, coral colors, and coverage I'd compare it to 2 Radion XR15's or 3 AquaticLife Halos.

I used this light on a 24"x48" frag tank, the edges were a little dim but it grew tons of different corals with some badass colors. Everything from high light Acros to low light mushrooms and zoas at the same time. It would be a great fixture for anything 36-48" imo, the enclosure is a 6"x20" one from RapidLED.

I had a ton of different corals in the frag tank so to grow a variety of stuff the light is split into two sections as far as controllability with all dimmable channels. One side that has more optics and white LED's is for SPS and higher light corals (Acans and zoas did great there too), and the other has no optics and can be used as another high light side or for lower light corals depending on the intensity. I'll include optics so the light can be converted to a full SPS system if desired just by gluing them in.

There are 3 dimmable channels and 1 extra channel:

15x 3W CREE XT-E Royal Blue
12x 3W CREE XT-E Royal Blue
3x CREE XP-G2 Neutral White
1 extra pair of wires to add another channel of LED's in the future (ie UV)
1 fan

It looks like a really high blue to white ratio but those whites are BRIGHT. I mean like light up the entire room bright. I don't think I ever turned them higher than 15-20%, and they don't even have optics on them. The high intensity of blues helps get some amazing colors, better than most commercial fixtures I've seen. Neutral whites give a great spectrum so they cover all the colors where other fixtures would use multicolor LED's like reds, etc...

Here's pics

Top, includes RapidLED hanging kit

All 3 channels on/off

High intensity blues on

Moderate intensity blues on

Whites at 30%, you can see coverage is shifted more to the high light side

Whites at 100%

Extra channel

Hardware

Back