FS or FT Biota aiptasia filefish

nano427

Hi. I just got this little guy today, a biota captive bred aiptasia eating file fish. About 1" long. Looks to be very healthy and eating already. Unfortunately it is my beautiful duncan colony that he's eating. I'm looking to get my $60 back or will trade for a couple nice frags. Located in Aliso Viejo 92656. Need gone asap, currently being kept in net in tank

Suggestion: isolate the Duncan in a basket and keep the filefish a bit longer to do his job. Then pass it on.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Hi. I just got this little guy today, a biota captive bred aiptasia eating file fish. About 1" long. Looks to be very healthy and eating already. Unfortunately it is my beautiful duncan colony that he's eating. I'm looking to get my $60 back or will trade for a couple nice frags. Located in Aliso Viejo 92656. Need gone asap, currently being kept in net in tank

Do you have any acropora in your tank? I could use him but would like to know if hes going for small polyps as well.

Thank you, he’s gone
[MENTION=321414]Smite[/MENTION], I do have some acros but he went straight for my duncan so I pulled him immediately. I can’t say how one would do with sps, but duncans are similiar enough to aiptasia that it makes sense he’d nip at it.

Do you have any acropora in your tank? I could use him but would like to know if hes going for small polyps as well.

I had a breading pair for a while in my 300 They took care of my aptasia pretty quickly. Then my green polyps disappeared. No big deal I didn't like them any way. Then My zoas ( some of which I waas able to move to my Qt )and finally my paly grandies. they never bothered my SPS or Dandros. Covid did them in do to me not even looking at my tank for almost a month. and another 2 weeks before I could really do even minimum maintenance.
Steve

I had a breading pair for a while in my 300 They took care of my aptasia pretty quickly. Then my green polyps disappeared. No big deal I didn't like them any way. Then My zoas ( some of which I waas able to move to my Qt )and finally my paly grandies. they never bothered my SPS or Dandros. Covid did them in do to me not even looking at my tank for almost a month. and another 2 weeks before I could really do even minimum maintenance.
Steve
Good to hear Steve, I just added one 2 days ago. I've got some purple deaths on a rock I can't remove and I've been trying to kill them off with kalk paste so they don't disturb my sps. It'll be a welcome disappearance if it happens. Pretty cool fish, although I haven't seen it nibble on anything but frozen and flake so far. Time will tell I guess.

Sorry to hear about the covid. Glad to hear you're on the mend :thumbsup:

I seldom saw my file fish eating anything but fish food. They must have been, because pretty quickly they all disappeared. Never seen them eating my zoas for that matter. I did see one picking at my paly Grandies though. It is freaky how they can change the color and texture of their skin.
I am much better, but I still have a long way to normal. Thank you!

I seldom saw my file fish eating anything but fish food. They must have been, because pretty quickly they all disappeared. Never seen them eating my zoas for that matter. I did see one picking at my paly Grandies though. It is freaky how they can change the color and texture of their skin.
I am much better, but I still have a long way to normal. Thank you!

Glad to hear it and I'm sure you'll get there with time.

This one paired with one other cleared the 200g (300g? not sure) at Tong's. So far its eating everything but nori, I have yet to see it eat aiptasia but fingers crossed. All coral are unaffected including the one small acan I have.

My daughter hasn't shown this much interest in my tank, ever. Once she realized it can camouflage itself she was blown away. I've got crazy flow and I'm impressed with how it can "hover" and make it look like there's none. Very interesting fish, I'm glad it's eating well and will be sticking around unless I notice sps issues.

Back