FS: Tank Teardown Sale - Ecotech - Neptune Sys - Reef Octopus - Everything must go!

tj1627

I Dated a Robot
Hey all,

Long story short, I had a total tank loss. Unfortunate, as these fish have been with me for years. Alas, I don't have the time or energy (new baby takes time!) to restart. I'll probably be back in a few years, but for now I need to tear down and sell my main components:

Local pickup only: Rosemont, IL during the weekdays & Naperville, IL during weeknights and weekends. I can probably swing by and drop off on my way home from work if you're somewhere along 294S -> 88W or thereabouts.

Cash or Paypal only. Offers accepted on a first come, first served basis.

All equipment is clean, fully functioning, and lightly used unless otherwise stated.

Lighting:
Ecotech Radion XR30W G2 $300

Ecotech Multi Light RMS Kit: Arm Kit (2 pcs), Slide Mount (2 pcs), Track, 30.5") $100
*Selling the RMS kit all together - not parting out. Do Note: I removed the clamp part of the arms that sits inside the tank since I had a screen top. See my poor attempt at an illustration below to see what I'm talking about. Mount functions perfectly fine with or without them. It just sits on top of the tank rather than clamping to it. Haven't located where I put those pieces, but if/when I locate them, I'll update the listing to let you know. For now, assume they're not included.
kEO6jiq.png

Circulation pump:
Jebao DC-9000 DC Return Pump $70
*Only includes pump, controller, power source, intake screen attachment. Does not inlcude various fittings for flexible tubing, etc. Outlet is bare threaded end, 1.5" NPT if I remember correctly

Powerheads:
Ecotech Vortech MP10wQD $200
*Very lightly used, maybe 6 months in service?

Ecotech Vortech MP40wQD $280

Skimmer:
Reef Octopus Classic 110SSS $175

Controller/Electronics:
Neptune Systems Apex Controller Lite (Main control unit + pH probe + temp probe + EB8 + Breakout Box) $350
Neptune Systems Energy Bar 8 $80
Neptune Systems WXM $80
Neptune Systems AFS (Automatic Feeding System)$60
Neptune Systems Magnetic Probe Rack $15

Save $80! Buy all Controller/Electronics for $500. Offer no longer good if individual parts sell first.

Update:

AFS Feeder pending to akaimal

Probe Holder pending to pat0588
*2nd in line if sale falls through: theMatrix

EB8 (first) pending to RockOn681

EB8 (second) pending to chewal

Still available:
Ecotech Multi Light RMS Kit: Arm Kit (2 pcs), Slide Mount (2 pcs), Track, 30.5") $100

Neptune Systems Apex Controller Lite (Main control unit + pH probe + temp probe + Breakout Box) $270 **no longer includes EB8 (pending sale - price reduced $80 to reflect that)
Neptune Systems WXM $80

Great prices wish I was in the market for some of this stuff !! Good Luck not that you will need it :)
Thanks. A lot of ppl in the community have helped me a ton over the years, passing deals on equipment I'm not using anymore is the least i can do on my way out the door (to return eventually, hopefully!)

do you have any extra apex cables? im in need of one. nothing long just the regular ones
Extra? Not really, just the cables that came with it, so cables will go with each piece of equipment. Do note - the cables truly are standard USB cables (just the voltage that goes over them is non-standard, 10V instead of 5V I believe) - so you can't plug normal devices in, but the cables themselves are standard.

You're looking for a USB 2.0 Type A Male to Type A Male cable. You can find them fantastically cheap online. Or really expensive at bestbuy. If you don't want to order online (amazon, newegg, etc), check out microcenter - there's one in westmont on ogden, another in chicago on the northside on elston, I believe. You can get a 3ft cable for 10.99 - not the best deal compared to online, but not the ripoff you'd get at bestbuy:

http://www.microcenter.com/product/432837/3ft_USB_20_High_Speed_Male_to_Male_Cable_-_Black

Update:

Still available:

Neptune Systems Apex Controller Lite (Main control unit + pH probe + temp probe + Breakout Box) $270 **no longer includes EB8 (pending sale - price reduced $80 to reflect that)
Neptune Systems WXM $80

Update:
Ecotech Multi Light RMS Kit (found clamp pieces!) pending to maidia

Update:

*2nd in line if sale falls through: johnmiller81

Still available:
Ecotech Multi Light RMS Kit: Arm Kit (2 pcs), Slide Mount (2 pcs), Track, 30.5") $100 (fell through, available now)

Neptune Systems WXM $80[/QUOTE]

Now Available: Ecotech Battery Backup. FREE to the first person who buys at least a single Radion or a pair of vortechs!

Why free you ask? Not sure if it works. Took it offline 9 months ago when I downsized my 75g to a 40g. Never got around to hooking it back up. Since I don't particularly feel like charging it, hooking up vortechs/radions, simulating a power outage, etc. to test, I leave that to you. Best case? You get a free battery backup worth $165 new. Worst case? Not really out anything, but at least you tried it out!

Update:

AFS Feeder SOLD

*2nd in line if sale falls through: chewal

EB8 (second) SOLD

Ecotech Radion XR30W G2 SOLD
Ecotech Vortech MP40wQD SOLD
Neptune Systems WXM SOLD
Ecotech Battery Backup SOLD

Still available:
Ecotech Multi Light RMS Kit: Arm Kit (2 pcs), Slide Mount (2 pcs), Track, 30.5") $80
Reef Octopus Classic 110SSS $150

Now Available:
Hanna ULR Phosphorous Colorimeter (used, great condition) plus 2 boxes of reagent (new) $50
Ecotech Coral Propogation Kit (used, good condition - glue is bad though) + bag of Ecotech Coral Plugs (new) $60
BRS 1.1mL Doser (used, good condition) $30

Also avail FOR FREE to anyone picking up something else - BRS 2 part chemicals, BRS GFO, ROX Carbon, Tom's aqualifter pumps, 1/4" netting material, 1/4" tubing for RODI - many colors, etc. I won't entertain pickup appts for just the free stuff, but if you're stopping by to purchase something else, you're more than welcome to any of it.

Update:

AFS Feeder SOLD
Probe Holder SOLD

EB8 (first) SOLD
EB8 (second) SOLD

Ecotech Vortech MP10wQD SOLD
Ecotech Vortech MP10wQD SOLD
Neptune Systems WXM SOLD
Ecotech Battery Backup SOLD

BRS 1.1mL Doser (used, good condition) SOLD

Hanna ULR Phosphorous Colorimeter (used, great condition) plus 2 boxes of reagent (new) SOLD

Still available: *PRICE DROPS*
Ecotech Multi Light RMS Kit: Arm Kit (2 pcs), Slide Mount (2 pcs), Track, 30.5") $80
Jebao DC-9000 DC Return Pump $60
Reef Octopus Classic 110SSS $120
Neptune Systems Apex Controller Lite (Main control unit + pH probe + temp probe + Breakout Box) $200 **no longer includes EB8 (pending sale - price reduced $80 to reflect that)
Ecotech Coral Propogation Kit (used, good condition - glue is bad though) + bag of Ecotech Coral Plugs (new) $50

Back