My Ultimate Tank!

greatg

YEAH...I'm thinking, I'm back!!!

So, I've been away from the hobby for almost 16 yrs. From what I'm seeing things have changed! I'm in the process of planning my ultimate tank and would appreciate some advice and feedback on my selection of equipment etc...

Red Sea XXL 625 v3
Neptune Systems COR-20 Pump
Neptune Flow monitoring kit
Red Sea RSK-900 Skimmer
EcoTech Radion XR30Pro G5 QTY 3
EcoTEch Marine G5 XR30 Tank Mount QTY 3
Kessil H380 Halo II Fuge LED
Ehiem Jager TruTemp Submersible Heater - 300W
EcoTech Vortech MP60wQD QTY 2
Pentair Aquatics Smart UV 40 Watt - do I need a separate pump to control flow for Algae and for parasites (as specified on mfr page)? Or connect using manifold?
Rocks -Base, Shelf, Branch-140lbs
CaribSea Sea floor special grade sand dry aragonite - 40lbs QTY 6
Instant Ocean Reef Salt 160 gal - QTY 2
SpectraPure MaxCap 1:1 Ultra High Efficiency 200GPD RO/DI
Neptune Apex Bundle
Energy Bar EB832 QTY 2
Neptune Dual pump dosing system QTY 3
APEX display module
Neptune DDR-DOS Dual Reservoir QTY 2
Neptune APEX Trident
Neptune Automatic feeding system
135 gal tank for RODI & salt mix storage QTY 2
PanWorld PX 40 pump for salt mixing station
Coralife Biocube 14&16 gal stand to mount my Apex electronics
Upgrade plumbing w/manifold
ClariSea Filter Roller SK-5000

My Ultimate Tank!

300W heating is skinny on that tank. I am currently running a RSR 525XL off my backup 300W heater (as my Teco heater/chiller with a 400W heater is back with the LFS as it's heater is defective) and I have had to add a spare Eheim 150W I had to the tank as the 300W isn't sufficient by itself (it's Autumn Down Under and getting into single digits C/40s F). Depends on your ambient temperature of course.

I agree, a quality kit list. I am using some of those components on my 525. The COR-20 will be enough for you, I only run mine at 30%. The RSK-900 may be oversize, I run the RSK-600 which is well more than enough for my tank and I think would be fine for a 625 too.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is very exciting to see this thread of your dream tank. Best of luck with it!

This hobby takes all types - from tech geeks to nature boys. I often see guys with great equipment come up short on the living elements of their tanks. Do you have a similar list for them?

Just to throw few ideas your way. May or may not be useful.

For lights I would look into Reefbreeders Photon V2+ units. You would need 1 Photon 50 unit for 60" long tank. Combine it with AquaticLife T5 hybrid kit, and you will have better light coverage and spread than 3 XR30Pro G5 for half the cost.

https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-50-v2/
https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/aquaticlife-t5-hybrid-kit-61/

Skimmer wise, look into Lifereef skimmers. Built like tanks, design hasnt changed in ages (because it doesnt have to, they just work) can be expanded so that if you upgrade to even bigger tank, you just add on small part to it, and skimmer is good to go, and can use any pump you want. This last part to me is important, as if pump on that Red Sea skimmer dies, you need to get exact same pump. If that pump is out of stock or discontinued, you may be screwed. Lifereef VS3-24 would be enough for your tank and sump.

http://www.lifereef.com/venturi.html

Have you looked at Maxspect gyre pumps? I would go with 2 of those over the 2 MP60s my self. XF350 move tonne of water and have wider area of movement. No matter what pumps you decide to go with, 2 may not be enough when all the rock work is in. Folks usually end up adding 1-2 more pumps on the back of the tank for more water movement.

Like I said, just some things to maybe look into. Good luck :)

I appreciate your enthusiasm. I have been slowly downsizing my tank over the last 20 years and had my final nano die yesterday (electrical long story). I am looking for inspiration to rise from the ashes.

Back