FS: Tank you wanted in 1985 if you were born yet

zoomster

I know I wanted a big hex so much when black laquer, plasma spheres, and Miami Vice were hot. I know....I know.....

I too lost the desire by the time Y2K came around. Then I got one as part of a package deal several months ago where there were so many other things I wanted, I ended up with the hex as a bi-product. I wanted all the misc that came with it, but also wanted the awesome custom sump and the quietone 4000 that was plumbed to it. Then I got it home, tested it for leaks and realized how nice the thing was. I mean I really haven't wanted a hex in 15+ years, but it's so perfect for a reef because of the shape and the incredible flow achieved.

I had just finished a 6 week plumbing/flooding nightmare with my 75 cube and then I saw the incredible plumbing job he had done on this hex. It was perfect hard plumbing, accessible, and easy to fix/maintain because of pressure couplings, unions, and other cost prohibitive plumbing parts he used. I realized quickly I had essentially an all-in-one tank even though it wasn't. You have to see it to understand.

The guy thought of everything. I mean the custom glass sump has the ATO setup drilled in, probe and thermometer holders, you name it, he took care of it.

So if you are having a midlife crisis and can't afford the Corvette or the garage space to fix up the old VW Bus you always wanted to make a custom show car, well "THE HEX" might be your answer.

Now I'm going to make you scroll through the pics and go all the way to bottom for the price. Just remember I saw pics before getting it too and still didn't want it and then in person it all changed. The plumbing alone cost what I want for the tank, lid/canopy, sump, return pump, stand, and 100% plumbed and ready. Keep an open mind.

Think the Hex.
Feel the Hex.
Love the Hex.
Buy the Hex!

Price will be without lighting, but have options depending on whether you want MH or T5. I'll sell the lighting super cheap if you want the hex. It will have everything else including the 30 lbs of new fiji pink sand, nice live rock with shelves and branches. It will also have a yellow coris wrasse who is going to be caught without draining and raking the sand.

It will have everything else. I can sell it with beater Euro Reef missing a lid (using home made one that works, but ugly) and brand new pump. That will be included in the price.

Or...... for $100 more I can give you an almost brand new Bubble Magnus NAC 6A that's in there now. The skimmer is only at that price for the package deal. If parted out it's $130 for the BM. PM me if interested. I know you're not, but PM me anyway. You will be. I'll even throw in some corals.

Mean damsel not included, but all these rocks and sand are. The sponge filter in pic is not there anymore, but I'll give you the seio pump with the setup.
IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

DSC06886.jpg

DSC06839.jpg

Look at that clean plumbing job. Just unscrew and replace or clean or just because you can without micro bubbles or flooding when you put it back together.
DSC06834.jpg

Just check out that custom sump. For the small amount of space, this sump does perfect and has more features than my $200 one
DSC06828.jpg

DSC07863.jpg

DSC07865.jpg

Ok, you ready???

Everything, but the lighting for $150 (euro reef skimmer included but a beater)

With the Bubble Magnus $250

Now get this. I'll give you a 175 watt MH setup and a 2 x 24 watt T5 retrokit for an extra $45.

So you can have the complete setup with everything including lighting, pumps, plumbed 100%, sump, skimmer, rock, fish, and corals for $195 or $295 with the BM skimmer.

Lastly, a bonus for acting fast....
I'll throw in an RBTA, torch, branching briareum-not matting kind, xenia, zoas and some other small frags to go with the yellow wrasse if you go for $295 package price and ready to pay tomorrow (Wednesday). I have a big expense I didn't plan for and it's time sensitive, so take advantage.

Take a chance and come see it for yourself. I guarantee it's not what you think of when you consider a hex.

Oops.....I almost forgot. it's somewhere right above 50 gallons, but I can't remember what he told me and my math for figuring volume on anything but a square is going to be challenged :)

By any chance did you pick that up from reefer "bobafet"?

Tank and stand yes. Skimmers, lighting, pump, sand, and rock, not from him. He did an awesome job on it from the stand ( i forgot to let everyone know it's reinforced steal under there for added support. I mean thick steal), plumbing, and especially the sump. He'll be the first to tell you I never really wanted it, but then I set it up, filled it and now it's been up for months.

Anyway, do you know him? Please tell him hello and his work is awesome if you see him. I'm going to post my main tank too and then I'll keep whichever doesn't sell first. That's how much I like this tank I wasn't the least bit interested in when I bought it.

I was waiting to post the other before letting that out, but wasn't 100% sure I wanted to do that yet and still need another day to think about it.

So please buy this someone so I don't have to make a tough decision. HaHaHa.

That looks like the tank they used to have over in Yoda's World in Lake Forest. Nice tank. good luck on the sale.

I want that LR. (yoda voice) Sell to me you will!

PS. The tunze osmolator works. I tested it in a bucket. Thanks for bringing it down.

I really do want that rock BTW. Let me know if no one buys this beautfiul hex and I can pick up the rock this weekend.

That Glass Sump is sweet. Good luck on your sale.

TTT for a well written pitch. :D

Yeah that's embarrassing. I am have a tendency to write very long winded and that combined with severe insomnia results in the mess I wrote above.

Ironically, in person I couldn't give a sales pitch if my life depended on it.

In fact whenever I post something and have folks come over to check it out I tend to try to talk them out of buying whatever it is they came with their mind set on.

Yeah, I am definitely not cut out for selling and especially selling my reef stuff. I guess since I love the hobby it feels too much like mixing business with pleasure or something.

So if anyone is interested in this, don't worry I'm sure to talk you out of it when you come see it.....lol.

I want that LR. (yoda voice) Sell to me you will!

PS. The tunze osmolator works. I tested it in a bucket. Thanks for bringing it down.

I really do want that rock BTW. Let me know if no one buys this beautfiul hex and I can pick up the rock this weekend.

My pleasure bud. It was nice meeting you. I'm glad the Tunze worked well for you. I think that reservoir will be perfect for your setup. I really like that tank. You've got to shoot off some pics when it's up and running.

Anyway, do you know him? Please tell him hello and his work is awesome if you see him.

Yes I do know him (Mike) quite well actually. And I have to agree with you that his work his awesome, too. He built the skin for my steel stand and everyone who has seen it agrees that the quality of his woodworking skills is second to none.

yodas world was a "glass and smoke shop" water pipes and such "strictly sold for tobacco use"

Back