FT (livestock) or FS Biocube and Parts & LED clamp light

kerrylynne

I have 2 well-established 14 gallon Biocubes. One does not have a hood (has crushed coral and Bahama rock) and the other one, with live sand and live rock, has a stripped out hood (had LEDs in it but moved them to my 29). I do have all of the parts saved if you want to take it back to stock. The one with live sand/rock has an InTank media basket. I know at least one of them has an upgraded pump, too but can't see down there. Have many other parts like a Koralia Nano wavemaker and probably some other good stuff you can look through.

I have one stand so the first buyer/trader has the option to add the stand, if wanted. I also have 9w Green Killing Machine UV sterilizer.

I also have an extra 29 gallon BioCube hood only, with new blue lights and an extra blue bulb (recommend getting new white bulb).

I have a really nice LED clamp light I had on one of the Biocubes. I think it is a Coral Compulsion with the 24W 20K full spectrum dimmable bulb (no brand name on it so cannot guarantee the brand but am pretty sure...). The bulb is still very good and was used only a couple hours a day when I had a fish in it. The clamp was broke but I used the expensive 2 part epoxy and have used it without incident and holds as good as new.

I also have a SunPOD metal halide fixture (note: this is not currently working - I bought the new ballast and new bulb but, even with an awesome reef central user helping me, have not tackled installing it yet). This fixture fits perfect on top of the 14 Bio Cube an can be expanded a little also (will take it back if you put the new ballast in and it doesn't work (new ballast alone was $50! + the new bulb was another $30).

These have been up an running for at least 6-8 months. They both have or have had some snails and crabs in them, too. Little bit of green hair algae in the one with live sand (had a fish for a while until I caught him) so I have had the LED clamp light off for a couple of days to hopefully take care of that.

I am looking to sell or trade a fair value of livestock, including fish or corals. I am still a beginner so don't want anything I have to constantly monitor (I do keep good parameters and the tank is over a year old). It is only a 29 and a 4 gallon so size does matter! But, with that being said, don't want a bunch of tiny frags as I have a bunch of those and they just don't look very good with the plugs. As far as fish, would love a dwarf angel or something colorful, preferably with blues and nothing aggressive (already have 2 clowns, a lawnmower blenny, that has been very polite lately, and a pj cardinal) and a smaller, pretty goby as my little spotted shrimp guy decided to jump the tank (forgot the glass top) and my tiny pistol shrimp looks lonely (he is the only non-coral in my 4 gallon reef tank so wants a friend again).

Here is what I would like to get or comparable - very willing for reasonable offers, too... (I am in St. Petersburg).

14 gallon Bio Cube with stripped hood (comes with removed stock parts) - very established with live rock and live sand a little bit of algae and In Tank Media basket. - $120

14 gallon Bio Cube with no hood - established with crushed coral and bahama rock. Comes with Biocube skimmer. - $90

14 gallon Bio Cube stand - good condition - $30

29 gallon Bio Cube - hood only (no tank) - all stock with 2 new blue bulbs (one just installed and one in box). - $50

Coral Compulsion (?) clamp LED light - $70

SunPod Halide fixture w/new ballast and new bulb that need to be installed. - $40.

Green Killing Machine 9watt UV Sterilizer. - $30

can you post a pic of the LED fixture you have? I'm looking for a decent fixture that will be efficient for some coral growth

trouble uploading pics

trouble uploading pics

I am having trouble uploading pics. I have the pics on my phone so if you are interested, please PM your text number or email address and I will send them. (sorry, I think they are just too big but it is a new computer with Windows 8 and I can't figure out how to shrink them!)

Back