fujifilm x100v

sharky71

thinking about purchasing an upgrade over my iphone camera but don't want a bulky DSLR. Has anyone used the fujifilm x100v and if so, can it take macro pics of frags and blur the background? If not, what would you recommend?

So the camera comes with a 23mm pancake lens. That really doesn't work well for close-ups. It's more of a wide angle lens. They may make adapters to give you a closer shot, but I didn't see any in the review. It wouldn't be my choice.

Have you looked at the Canon G series cameras? If I was looking at a point and shoot, that would be where I'd look, (and I'm a Nikon guy).

HTH

Ok, so I found another review and might change my mind. You won't get macros but you may get kinda close. Most point and shoots don't get "true" macros. From the review, it has a very short minimum focusing distance. You'd have to be pretty close to the glass. They also have a tele adapter. This may get you closer, but it doesn't say what the MFD would be with that on. It does have some pretty nice features. It also does shoot in RAW which is a must.
Do you have a local camera shop you could try it at?

What caught my attention was the minimum focusing distance is 10cm. I could get pretty close with that. I love the aperture range which should let me blur the background which is a must. I fell in love with the look of the camera and with its small size I would bring it around with me a lot. I just got rid of my DSLR since it was so bulky I never used it. I'll check out to see if I can rent the camera first. That's a great recommendation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back