Full Tank Shot Friday!!!

Seriously dude!?! What do you feed those coral? I love your tank!

Thanks, BK. I don't feed anything so I guess I'm just lucky. Seriously though, I'll give credit to two things . . .

1) The tank is a little old school in that I run full MH and a calcium reactor with an occasional bit of carbon or GFO. Lights just go on and off with no complicated lighting scenarios in between.

2) I don't fiddle. I'm not changing out lights or equipment all the time, dosing new additives, or chasing parameters. Get everything set up and let the tank run.

That being said . . . could crash tomorrow . . . so who knows . . .

By the way, your tank is looking awesome in spite of some of your setbacks.

-Mike

Thanks, BK. I don't feed anything so I guess I'm just lucky. Seriously though, I'll give credit to two things . . .

1) The tank is a little old school in that I run full MH and a calcium reactor with an occasional bit of carbon or GFO. Lights just go on and off with no complicated lighting scenarios in between.

2) I don't fiddle. I'm not changing out lights or equipment all the time, dosing new additives, or chasing parameters. Get everything set up and let the tank run.

-Mike

that being said, i do the same, i dont touch it, if it aint broke, dont fix it, if crap is growing, keep doing what your doing

90 gal mixed reef

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424488814151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424488814151.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
The upgrade waiting for the stand to be built (along with my little mermaid).
20150102_142038.jpg
The sad state of current affairs with some of my QT's holding my fish.
20150201_221425.jpg
20150201_145028.jpg

-Mike

Good advice here. Less is more sometimes and Halides are the only lighting option for me also. Can't beat the growth with those puppies!

P.S.: you got a PM from me.

Back