Funky ric

Gomer

It is a bit more colorful then the photo shows. Either way, the two odd rows of larger "bubbles" are quite interesting
IMG_3136.jpg

i have one quite similar, just not as pretty colorwise, it's kinda a tan color, but with the raised bubbles...
312640344_VnSTJ-L.jpg

Look like scar lines to me was the ric ever cut, stabbed, or damaged ????
The second picture did that ric split ???

Those lines look like scar lines to me too. I actually try to avoid getting shrooms like that. I don't like cutting my shrooms and rather try to cause them to spawn by careful placement. I know some people are cool with cutting into corals, but I only do that if a coral is sick and I want to start a frag.

Those scar lines rarely go away in my opinion. Unless the ric frags itself off or you cut it again, then those lines are pretty much stuck there.

I'm not sure that those are scar lines. I've seen rics behave that way in systems with MH lighting that is too intense. Place them back in shade or less intense light and the "bubbling" goes away.

1. I'm curious what kind of lighting the rics were under originally.
2. Were these rics actually cut causing scars

Otherwise it is pretty cool and interesting, enjoy :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12921979#post12921979 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chemisfun11
I'm not sure that those are scar lines. I've seen rics behave that way in systems with MH lighting that is too intense. Place them back in shade or less intense light and the "bubbling" goes away.

1. I'm curious what kind of lighting the rics were under originally.
2. Were these rics actually cut causing scars

Otherwise it is pretty cool and interesting, enjoy :)

I know what you are talking about it's almost like sun blisters or somthing when to close to the light. but when it a perfect line like that I honestly have to say there was some kind of trauma to cause it..... I'm no pro though

Back