Garlic

theseamoose

I have read in many different forums here about people feeding garlic for many different reasons. For once there seems to be little comment against the practice.

My question is, in what form do you feed it to the fish? Do you use the stuff that comes in oil in jars and soak the food in it? Do you chop fresh garlic up finely and feed that to them?

I am currently trying to get my fish eating a more varied diet than the frozen brine shrimp only that they were fed in the LFS. I am having success, but I would really like to introduce garlic to help their immune system and general health.

Can I have guidance please?

I used garlic extreme

I mixed up some DIY frozen food, and just added it to the mix.

garlic1.jpg

garlic2.jpg

Stick in a blender and you get this:

food1-3.jpg

Last edited:
I use the garlic geltabs from the grocery store. Just pop them on some food or nori, let it soak for a few mins and feed it.

Garlic Extreme with every feeding. Soak atleast 5 mins, try for up to 30. I use it with Frozen foods (mysis, brine), Spectrum pellets, algae sheets.

Knock on wood-----no ich yet, tank is a little over 3 months old. Sure, may have nothing to do with the lack of ich, but makes me feel good. Plus, my Coral Beauty had the crap beat out of it by something in my tank at one point, and he healed quickly and never diseased.

Love my garlic! And it makes the food smell sooooooo good :)

With all the prepared foods on the market, I don't think it's necessary.

Line up 30 different foods, if the fish isn't eating 29 of them, something is wrong. Don't think garlic will solve that problem.

JMO.

Back