Gauging interest: Whole SPS Setup FS

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13559799#post13559799 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rleechb
lol, no problem Phong. I'll make a few frags for you ;)

Can you hold them for me for several months?? :lol:

pm me if and when you decide to sell the livestock have cash
will travel...lol :) a lot of nice corals there...

Say it ain't so, Ray! When you and Spencer stopped by last time and helped me fiddle with the T5's, I thought you're in for life. You got me all depressed now, maannn. Where's my reason to go on?

What else are you going to do when your friends flakes on ya? You're gonna have nothing to turn to except women and booze...who's gonna want that?

I hope you change your mind, man.

Aah.. not you Ray.. I love your tank, it's so inspiring.... I still got the frags i bought from you..

:(

Sorry guys. It's not for certain (hence the 'gauging interest'), but I'm pretty sure...

You know how it is, sometimes this hobby just becomes too consuming. I just sometimes think I'd be more "at peace" without it.

well. i understand, but let me say that being without a tank at the moment is about the hardest thing for me right now. whatever you choose will be right for your though.

also when can i come over and drool over your tank one last time :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13562822#post13562822 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lordhelmet
well. i understand, but let me say that being without a tank at the moment is about the hardest thing for me right now. whatever you choose will be right for your though.

also when can i come over and drool over your tank one last time :)

another tank tour :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13559791#post13559791 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rleechb
Thanks for the kind words Spencer.

I'll be back one of these days, hopefully with something a bit bigger. It's just too much for me now. I started taking some jiu-jitsu lessons every night, and coming home to do maintenance is just too much. I just don't feel like I have the time to dedicate to keep things happy anymore. :(

Sorry to hear you letting it go...for now. Hope you get back in stronger than ever and become a Minotauro Nogueira of Reef hobby! ;-)

Agree, we bought some frags and zoas from Ray. Very inspiring.

The quickest way to sell i think is to:
1. have an open house to sell all your livestock.
2. another open house for equipment.

Save you time.

Hi Ray,

Sorry to hear that you are selling your tank. Most of the reefers here can vouch for your tank (Top notch).

If you ever decide to part the equipment. Let me know. I am interested in your DIY reactor, dosing pump and the whole complete system to make them running.

Did you ever check into creating an emergency power back up? I recalled that's what you are trying to make back a few months ago.

Jiujitsu is interesting. I saw an episode of Fight Quest a few days ago and they were learning that in Korea. Lots of moves to break someone's bones and joints =/

Rudy

The problem with this hobby is eveyone gets cought up with buying the most exotic or picking up the latest fad. They fail to see the longer term picture, a mature tank where you don't need to do anything and you just maintain the tank and watch your tank flourish. To me this is what reefing is about and I've basically stopped adding anything new to my tank for the past year or more.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13565748#post13565748 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by andyman
The problem with this hobby is eveyone gets cought up with buying the most exotic or picking up the latest fad. They fail to see the longer term picture, a mature tank where you don't need to do anything and you just maintain the tank and watch your tank flourish. To me this is what reefing is about and I've basically stopped adding anything new to my tank for the past year or more.

I've been reefing for 5 years, fairly strong, most of the time. Picking up "exotic" corals was actually what kept some of the fun in the hobby; it really doesn't have anything to do with my departure. Every single coral I purchased was as a frag, and grew out to a colony.

The day to day maintenance gets a bit old, but it's the unforeseen maintenance that has always been killer for me. I can't count how many times I've had something planned, and ended up being late or cancelling because "a pump went out".

I hear you on that. I personally missed a flight to seattle due to a bad pump. I learned over the years that keeping things simply and using high quality equipment + regular maintanence and good design goes a long way to stability. My tanks been running flawless for the last 2 maybe 3 years. I attribute that mainly due to design of water return to the sump , using drip loops, 24x7 system monitoring, and most imporantly replacing my return pump with an Iwaki. In fact I would say the Iwaki external pump was the single purchase that has kept me in this hobby. Prior to that I've been using submerssibles and I've destroyed just about every single submerssible pump on the market.

good luck with your decision on the tank. The good news is if you do decide to ditch the tank, atleast your electric bill will be lower and you can travel without worry.

Back