Getting back in

chano

Hello, I have been out of the hobby for a few years and i am looking to get back in. Setting up a 30 gallon for now. If anyone in the williamsport area is doing a water change I could use the water. I plan on cycling it anyway but that could help speed up the process(haven't got my Ro/di filter put in yet and it is a slow drip so water is the only hurdle at this point). Also if anyone has a hydrometer or refractometer they want to get rid of let me know.

I am just looking to get running so i can get cycling. Sand or rock won't help if i don't have more than a couple gallon of water. Nobody around sells RO water and my filter isn't hooked up yet(need parts) and it is a slow system so i am looking at at least a week or two to fill up my 30 gallon. Not worried about a jump start so much.

Don't know about that. Something i will have to look into. Of course i would get back into the hobby right after all the stores around me close down.

you could try DCS underground reef in Lock Haven.. I am sure he would help you out .. think hes open wed thru sat

Not familiar with it i'll have to check it out. My sister said she thought there was a store that carried saltwater stuff in lock haven but couldn't remember the name.

Distilled water 0tds but seriously hook up your r/o
Along with di resin and check tds often if your doing corals.
Tds Meter ~$10 eBay
refractometer ~15-20$ on eBay
Refractometer Calbration fluid ~6-7$
Most of the time you can get bunches of to push to connect fittings at local Lowes and had

Up and running

Up and running

Up and currently cycling If anyone around Williamsport has a cup of sand and a piece of rock they wouldn't mind getting rid of let me know, Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG0581.jpg
    IMAG0581.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Back