Getting back into Nanos - portable RO/DI?

SauceyReef

Hello all!

After a few years break I decided it is too hard for me not to have a tank anymore. I have been renting houses yearly which is causing the difficulties (most places don't allow more than a 10 gallon, constantly transporting, and I can't get an RO/DI attached to the water line)

Soo.. I decided I would love to get a Nano! Probably a Fluvial 5 or 13.
I found this portable RO/DI unit with some decent reviews mentioning use for saltwater aquariums.
https://www.chewy.com/aquatic-life-r...saAugpEALw_wcB

I think the only problem they seem to have is volume of water and with such a small tank that probably should not be to much of an issue.

Any advice? Suggestions? Other better portable units or options?
Thank you!

Looking to make any type of 'pico' tank. Does not have to be a fluvial but it seems to be one of the nicer all in one small tanks!

Your post doesn't really convey what you're asking for. You might want to clarify.

Simply asking for opinions on the portable RO/DI unit with a small backstory. Seems relatively simple to me but thank you for continuing the post.

I just got a RO Buddie at Amazon and could'nt be happier with it.
Does what I need it to do very well and was inexpensive.

Good to hear! What does your TDS run at after filtration? How much water are you using? I heard the filters go fast. Was it complicated to setup?

Good to hear! What does your TDS run at after filtration? How much water are you using? I heard the filters go fast. Was it complicated to setup?

My incoming TDS is 345 and after DI it's 0. I only lose about 3/4 gal a day so really not hard to keep up with. I was very surprised at how easy it was to set up and how fast it makes water.
We had a extra bathroom with an unused shower so I got a fitting that fit the shower head pipe and connected there.
Very easy to set up and prob took me 10 minutes, after I got the fitting from Amazon. Also Amazon has all the filters but I have not had mine long enough to see how long they last.
I would definitely recommend the unit for how much you're going to use.

Back