getting frags to attach

manutd16

I know Im prolly getting annoying to sum lol but this site is my life saver since all the books I read counterdict themselves. all my frags have been in my one tank for over 5 months now and I just bumped some and i noticed they arent attaching themselves. Why is that? and is it possible Im giving them to much light 8 am to 10pm?

what kind of corals do you have softies, sps, lps? You could glue the frags down, thats what most people do. As for the light I'd say thats more than nec. if you have metal halides your just jacking up your bill. I have mainly an SPS tank and my 250 watt HQI's run for about 11 hours. Hope that helps

Louis,

If your corals have not attached after 5 months, something is wrong. Either they weren't mounted properly or they aren't growing.

The answers to coralfarmers questions will be helpful, but the mounting technique is dependant on the type of corals. For example, I am not a fan of glueing most softies.

Adam

I agree with adam about not really liking to glue softies they tend to slime up a lot. I've heard people use rubberbands to band them down to a rock and then they should attach. Its strange that they aren't attaching after so long.

Back