Getting to know Tucson reefers

I lived in Texas and I had a 50 gallon reef set up at the end of 2008. It was a mixed reef containing LPS and Softies. When the economy tanked, the company I worked for closed the plant and I had to break it down and chased jobs for seven years until I got the position I have now. I purchased Ro/Di water from a fellow reefer. I got good quality water at a good price and it helped him pay for his unit. Where do you purchase your fish and corals and what kind of experiences have you had?

I finally have my 120 set up. It is in the garage with tap water. Just to work on and make sure everything works correctly. I have been going to Fishy business and getting my Di Water and looking at their livestock. I am also cooking my live rock as well. I hope to have it in the house in a month or so........can't wait to get it moved.

On a second note, when I click on the thumbnails, the window opens up and I get the spinning icon, but it never brings up the picture......it just keeps spinning. I am sure it is a setting on my account or my pc. Any ideas? I am trying to decide how to post pictures.

Thanks,

Sorry not on here much but run the local Tucson facebook page. If you requested send me a Pm and I will add you, we screen profiles and if its blocked and a new account we usually don't add to keep scams or spams out of the group.sry for any inconvenience! David Pohl

Hi all,

My wife and I just got back from a vacation in Hawaii. On the last leg of our trip, we stayed at the Fairmont on Maui. We loved it. The hotel and service was excellent. I took my first scuba dive lesson right at the hotel. As part of the lesson, we went diving right at the hotel and there was a lot of reef to explore.

My observation tank is doing well. Not so good on my display tank. I lost all of my fish due to flukes and other pests from fish that I purchased from a LFS. It is setting fallow now. I hope to start putting livestock back in it soon.

Here is a picture of my observation with the lone survivor.

Thanks,

Dean

picture.php

Welcome! Ill let you know though, this was a great group back in the day. It seems like most people are either out of the hobby or stick to facebook. So you're probably better off sticking with FB lol

Mods kinda killed it, shame, used to be busy site. I still check it once in awhile but very few relevant posts. Used to have auctions, trades pretty regular, don't do face book but hope Reefers are still strong in Tucson & SV

My display tank is doing well now. I have three Flame Cardinals for now. They have been in there for about three months and no issues. I am going to start adding more fish and corals soon. I need to get a decent light before I add any corals. I will probably increase my fish load before I add quality lights and corals.

picture.php

I have added two new corals to my observation tank. This Elegance is about 4" in diameter when fully opened.

picture.php

This is some kind of Brain Coral. It measures about 3" x 4".

picture.php

One of my Flame Cardinal died yesterday. It all happened within about 4 - 5 days. It stopped eating, started hiding and i noticed something that looked like a skin issue. I really couldn't tell due to it hiding in the rock work. I hope to be adding new fish soon.

I have added some new corals to my 20 gallon tank.

Here is a picture of a Favia I added on 1/28/20.

picture.php

Here is a picture of a Plating Montipora I added on 1/21/20.

picture.php

And here is a picture of an Encrusting Montipora I added on 1/28/20.

picture.php

Back