glass cages low iron glass vs starfire

I replied to your PM.

Basically for a custom glass tank there are 5 main companies.

Oceanic (here in the Bay Area, but you need to order through an LFS)
Glass Cages (in Texas, I believe)
LeeMar (in So Cal)
InterAmerican (in Canada)
Miracles in Glass (also in Canada)

our new tank is currently on hold, but we had decided to go with Miracles in Glass after much research.

Could be Gresham, I honestly am not sure exactly where they are located. I only know that they are in the US somewhere (versus the majority being in Canada).

Elite, yea, I forgot about AO, but most likely because of all of the bad press I read about them.. even more than for GC :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9039109#post9039109 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sharrison
Glasscages is in GA

When I bought my tank from them last summer they were in Tn.

Hum. where at in TN?
I thought they wer ein GA. I must be loosing my mind. Yea I just went to their site and they have a 615 area code. I work in Franklin, TN. and that is our area code (615). humm i wonder how clsoe they are to me. I am about to go with a low iron 110 gallon on the front and side pannels and I read where they sell it. I am gogint o geive them a call tomorrow.

They have a map on the website, with directions.

Oh, I do recommend you check them out. I am very happy with my 240 they made

this was an old thread pre-380 that someone resurrected :). We do not have any plans to replace the 380g and no, it is not another project (goodness knows the current one will be the end of me yet :)).

As it was the 380 starfire that we have originally came from Miracles in Glass up in Canada. So in a round about way we ended up getting our new tank from the builder we had originally settled on.

As for the 380g, I just updated the thread in the Large Reef Tanks forum.. check it out and post your thoughts. Thanks :)

Crap they are about an hour and a half from where I live and about 30 mins from where I work. I can see the starfire tank in my house already. :)

I had no Idea they were this close
YIPEE

does anyone know anyone or places that do custom tank with starfire glass in the BA? Thanks!

Andy,

The closest glass tank builder is Lee Mar down in SoCal, unless you want to go the Oceanic route.

FWIW the shipping from GC is pretty horrendous, not to mention that they only ship to your nearest freight terminal, which usually ends up being an hour away, give or take. But that is pretty common with shipping a tank, which is why he was asking for a local builder.

good thing I am not far away from them. They are suposed to be working me up a quote for a 110 gallon, low iron front and sides.

Back