Glass drilling needed

ReefKeeper64

Wanna be a reefkeeper
Anyone know of a pro that will drive out to Lutz and drill a tank for a fee? I'm installing a Synergy Reef Shadow overflow and the glass is 3/8". Please let me know if you know a pro. Thanks!

I have drilled a 100 plus holes before. Don't know if that makes me a pro but what size bulkheads are you installing?

I have drilled a 100 plus holes before. Don't know if that makes me a pro but what size bulkheads are you installing?

Hey Roger,

You're probably more of a pro than most! Here's what's going on. I'm planning to drill 2.5" holes in my 110 gal reef savvy tank. The holes will fit 1.5" bulkheads and I have a brand new 2.5" bit made for that size bulkhead. The holes are for a Synergy Reef shadow overflow that just arrived. It's a bean animal setup so 3 holes.

About 6 years ago I tried drilling a 20 gallon tank and ended up cracking the glass so I'm not comfortable trying this myself.

I also placed an order to rent a glass drilling machine about an hour ago. It should arrive by Friday and I have it for up to a week. This machine is made especially for drilling holes in an aquarium. Here is a link. See bottom of page. http://www.jehmco.com/html/glass_drills.html It should be here by Friday.

I could use your services and will pay as I think this is one of those things someone gets good at with experience.

I can help. I have never used the fancy drill but I'm sure it should work even better I guess. Where are u located? Have the tank marked exactly where u want the holes. If I remember correct it comes with a templet

Awesome. So I live in Cheval, which is in Lutz. I'll pm you other location details and we can make a plan for this. It does come with a template too.

Thanks!

Back