Goby Eye Issue

ZenGuitarGuy

Hey all,

Looked at my sleeper goby today, and noticed that one of his eyes is swollen. The actual eye itself looks ok, but the area around the eye is swollen, and it looks like a scale has come away below it. I can't pinpoint anything specific that would've caused this, and none of the other fish have the same signs. The goby is behaving totally normally, and not in obvious distress at all.

Other information that may be useful: I've had him for over a year, never a problem. Nothing new has been added to the tank in about six months. Here is what is in the tank: PJ cardinal, yellow striped cardinal, Valentini puffer, leopard puffer, tail spot blenny, ocellaris clown, firefish, and the aforementioned sleeper goby. Also: nassarius snails, bumblebee snails, trochus snails, emerald crab, porcelain crab, pom pom crab, tiger pistol shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, strawberry fighting conch. It's a 65G tank, and it's been up for nearly two years.

Does anyone know what this could be? Injury or disease? What to do. Please let me know if any other info will be helful.

I hope the photos are helpful. Thanks in advance.
IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

Probably an injury if you have had him a long time . If worried or it worsens . I would try either erythromycin, ciprofloxin, or kanamycin in a separate HT

Back