Going to Mankato

Mattewell

Hey everyone... I'm going to be traveling to Mankato this weekend. I hear there is a cool saltwater store there. If anyone is looking for anything specific let me know and I can pick it up for you if it is available.

ok, I will look for corkys fingers and frozen Cyclopeeze. I will post here sometime this weekend to let you know if they are available.

I'm looking for live mysis I could use some cyclopeeze to and the others stuff I posted Matt.
I have some SPS frags to Turbo.

Didn't find anything real interesting in Mankato. Most of the stuff they had were dead/dying/bleached. No sps whatsoever. I am in Rochester right now and will check for anything interesting at the LFS here. I will also be going through the cities and checking there... If I come across a nice colony of sps I will frag it out to you guys, as I am looking for sps myself.

Jim, what do live mysis look like? I picked up some macro algae from the last time I was in Rochester, and it has some shrimp looking things in it... I am thinking its mysis... They don't look like amphipods or copepods, they have shrimp tails... but they are pretty small, smaller than the size of frozen mysis I'm used to seeing.

They have been happily scooting around in my refugium for the past couple of months... If I see any more of that algae here I will pick some up, and If you don't want it Ill certainly take it.

I will continue checking this thread, so if there are anymore requests let me know. I will be leaving here Sunday afternoon.

here's a good photo of what Mysis look like.
Shrimp-6537.jpg

Hey I have a bunch of those! The biggest are only about a quarter inch long though. I have a number of of them in my refugium and the population has been getting bigger. Ill pick up some more of that algae that I got them from. Maybe I can culture you some.

Back