Gonna Shut down the 300

janes_mw

Made up my mind, gonna shut it down. I know from past experience that selling as a complete setup never works, so I will be starting next week to list stuff in order of shutdown. Just so you can start thinking,....
300 gallon (3/4 acrylic 96 long, 30 high, 24 wide), external overflow. 4' sump with ATO tank, siphon inlet for the overflow, 2 seven inch filter sock holders and plenty of area for skimmer and ....., Fluval SP6 Sea main pump. It's a beast and flows 3500gal/hour, BK 250 Skimmer with Dragon 1800 pump, GEO 624 CaRx with Carbon doser, Masterflex Peristaltic pump, and 20# tank, Reefbreeder Photon 48 lights, Nanotech T5 48" lights, Photon 16, Nanotech T5 24", 20x20x16x3/4" Frag tank, Archon controller with 3 power bars, dosing pump, switch boxes, etc, corals and fish and surely a crap load of other stuff (like over 60 filter socks, test kits, RO/DI, .......

I'm sorry to hear that you are getting out of the hobby. Certainly understand how it all adds up. If there is any livestock(fish) that you feel are a good fit for a 125 please let me know. Recently made some changes to my tank so I have some open room.

Thanks & Good Luck:wave:
-Bob

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the frag tank and any brain coals, acan, platy, etc.. that might me available. I will pm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear. I would suggest keeping some of the core equipment, seems like keeping a tank is addictive and people tend to have relapses.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

interested in GEO 624 CaRx with Carbon doser

Ok, I'll get figured out this weekend and let you know what's what :). It's basically an older 624 that has been modified to draw from the top (simple fitting installed on top) with a Masterflex Peristaltic pump (precise effluent control that never clogs), Carbon Doser CO2 regulator, 20Lb Aluminum tank. Add your pH prob in the holder in the reactor to monitor reactor pH. It pulls from the sump and pushes effluent into sump rather than typical push through the reactor. It is set and forget other than changing the Masterflex hose (of which I have plenty) about every 6 months. Also good idea to calibrate pH probe every 4 months (mine usually was very close, but always good to check).

Back