good one please help

jafish26

ok here it is i have a 75 gallon tank that has been up and running for 6 years but i bought it about 3 months ago and moved it to my house... When i set it up i bought a yellow tank couple of angles and a copper band butterfly. Everything went great for about a month and then all of a sudden ich took over the tank! i treated with kick ich and thought everything would pull outta it but it didnt lost everything! (water thought all this was great no problems at all!)

So after that i did a 50 percent water change let everything run its corse for a month added a sump uv steralizer carbon and phosphate remover.(again no problems with the water at all!)

After a month went out a bought a yellow tang. Went well for about a week so i thought great everything is ok went out and bought an angel the next day angel showed up dead and today tang was dead didnt show any signs before that and my water is perfectly fine tested it myself and at the lfs 2 times! i dont know what to do i love the hobby but not to waist that much money on fish that die with no reason behind it expecially when they act normal and eat then boom next day dead no evedence of fighting or worms at all please help

I have been in the hobby 30+ years and I see two things that cause people the most trouble. First, they don't quarantine ALL new fish for 30 days BEFORE putting them into the display tank. This leads to all sorts of problems with diseases and fish dying. Second, people don't research the animals enough to learn all about thier dietary needs, compatibility and other requirements BEFORE they purchase them. Eliminate these two mistakes and people will have taken care of the two biggest reasons for fish dying.

TerryB

Back